• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country 500 Adventure Challenge, May 28 - 31, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be riding down a somewhat less traveled route from south Fort Worth Friday morning. I saw that you are hauling your bike. Just throwing this out there in case you or anyone else might want to tag along. Also, I am in campsite #27 and will have the routes on GPS should want to follow me.

GPX viewer
Yes, decided to haul it just to save myself some struggle with storage. I don’t have panniers so it’s just easier to throw stuff in the car and haul over.

Welp, I am out. My new bike is not arriving in time, and the CB500X's seat is away for an upgrade.

I'll have to drool over Gina's Versys 300 another time.

Y'all have fun!

Welp, I am out. My new bike is not arriving in time, and the CB500X's seat is away for an upgrade.

I'll have to drool over Gina's Versys 300 another time.

Y'all have fun!
Which begs the question for me: should I stay or should I go? My wr would like it

Might just truck up there and sleep in the cab unless there's any camping space left. Hotel seems like overkill for just me.

Last edited:
My wife will be with me this weekend but she does not ride off road. Is anyone's wife attending this weekend, but not riding and interested in hanging out with her and geocaching.

Previewing the gpx on Google - are these routes all pavement or is there dirt somewhere I'm not seeing?

Previewing the gpx on Google - are these routes all pavement or is there dirt somewhere I'm not seeing?
1621903862182.png

I will be riding down a somewhat less traveled route from south Fort Worth Friday morning. I saw that you are hauling your bike. Just throwing this out there in case you or anyone else might want to tag along. Also, I am in campsite #27 and will have the routes on GPS should want to follow me.

GPX viewer
I would like to tag alon

GPX viewer
i will follow you to goldthwaite, I take off on skinny roads from there.

what time you leaving, meet up?

i will follow you to goldthwaite, I take off on skinny roads from there.

what time you leaving, meet up?
Sounds good. Maybe I follow you on your skinny roads at Goldthwaite. Flexible on the time. I will say 8:00am but nine would work also if you prefer. Meet up at 7 Eleven near my house on the route out of town. https://goo.gl/maps/BAMhzj6ea6sNJpXj8

Sounds good. Maybe I follow you on your skinny roads at Goldthwaite. Flexible on the time. I will say 8:00am but nine would work also if you prefer. Meet up at 7 Eleven near my house on the route out of town. https://goo.gl/maps/BAMhzj6ea6sNJpXj8
Perfect Ed, I haven't ridden with you since we did those dirt roads from Alvord to Jacksboro in 2018, right before you left for Tuk that summer.

8am......dude I have to curl my hair and put my make up on :) I will see you at 9.

Kevin

Perfect Ed, I haven't ridden with you since we did those dirt roads from Alvord to Jacksboro in 2018, right before you left for Tuk that summer.

8am......dude I have to curl my hair and put my make up on :) I will see you at 9.

Kevin
9 it is. You definitely need that makeup. :lol2:

Last edited:
My new KTM will not have enough miles yet to change out break on oil, so I might ride my GT and follow Spirit!!

That is unless there will be a slower adventure group.

I have the same situation, but only one bike. My T700 only has 200 miles, so I will have to join up with a group that plans on an easier ride. I will ride the whole day Saturday then maybe a half day on Sunday, then home. Looking forward to it!
I did my first oil change on my SDGT in the Quality Inn parking lot in Morrillton, Arkansas at 11:30 pm by street light.

Brought the oil, filter and a flexible drain pan with me. Poured the old oil into the container the new oil came in and disposed of it at a local auto parts store.

It's a hassle....but there was no way I wasn't taking my new bike on that ride.

Just saying that where there's a will, there's usually a way....

Take 1341 from Comfort to Kville, much nicer than I-10. Stop at the Kendalia Store if your hungry, they make a good burger.
I added a track and waypoint to the file, but the viewer only shows the first track in a file. You'll see both in Mapsource/Basecamp.

GPX viewer

Thanks for the input JT!

Here is what I've got (utilizing Rever). Going to get this new file loaded into my Zumo Tonight and play around there a bit.

If you are planning to meet at the Bucee's Houston people shoot me a PM with your bike so I know how many bikes and which bikes we are on the lookout for.

Cheers!

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Ride to Kerrville.gpx
    275.3 KB · Views: 181
I did my first oil change on my SDGT in the Quality Inn parking lot in Morrillton, Arkansas at 11:30 pm by street light.

Brought the oil, filter and a flexible drain pan with me. Poured the old oil into the container the new oil came in and disposed of it at a local auto parts store.

It's a hassle....but there was no way I wasn't taking my new bike on that ride.

Just saying that where there's a will, there's usually a way....
Do NOT listen to Super Dave! He rides black gap road in big bend by himself at 7 in the evening 😂

Thanks for the input JT!

Here is what I've got (utilizing Rever). Going to get this new file loaded into my Zumo Tonight and play around there a bit.

If you are planning to meet at the Bucee's Houston people shoot me a PM with your bike so I know how many bikes and which bikes we are on the lookout for.

Cheers!

GPX viewer

GPX viewer
and routing errors strike again. Try to include the red track in this image, its a short section, but fun to ride.

Attachments

• GaddisBluff.JPG
    GaddisBluff.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 177
I took ThumpIT's #17 site near the river. (Across from Park Host #1) It has room for 2 tents/motorcycles. If someone with a tent needs a place to crash, DM
Will be nice to see you again Palmer
Buddies of mine, Lynn Wyatt and Doyle Lane - we plane to ride (not race) both days.

Thanks for the input JT!

Cheers!

GPX viewer

GPX viewer
I will be on a dark Tiger 800 w/ red frame, Ramon is on a gray/black Explorer.

Riders,

The weather forecast looks fine and the ride is on.

If the forecast changes for the worst by tomorrow night I will post an update, but it seems unlikely that the forecast will change appreciably in the next 24 hours.

See you in Kerrville.

Got my Wife on board for this, just need to find a place to park the RV, or get a hotel room. Any thing still available someone might know of before i set off on calling endlessly.
BTW Wife has never done a ride before, so hoping to get her hooked so we can do more of these together. you all think this will be easy enough for a true beginner. She knows how to ride a dirt bike fine, even has 2 state championship's in cross country stuff. just new to road stuff.

If anyone is needing shop space during event for a "midnight repair" / tire or oil change ... I have shop space somewhat near motel (8 miles).
South Hwy 16 near Biker Church / Turtle Creek / Folk Festival.

Can also accomidate parking your transit rigs / whatever... if that is a need.

There are some empty commercial parking areas (North of McCoy Lumber) near Lone Star Motel that were used for thousands of Covid Rental cars (Might allow parking ???) + a Cracker Barrel that seems to allow overnight parking (back lot) also near Lone Star Motel. Often overnighters park near Lowes.

Kroc Center (nearby Lone Star) for $8 showers / health club (Closed @ 7PM Sat, and on Memorial Day) https://kerrvillekroc.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back