• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country 500 Adventure Challenge, May 28 - 31, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested in an exploration of lesser travelled roads? We’ll range from Kerrville, north toward Fredericksburg, east toward Johnson City, then rounding back to KVL via a more southerly route.

I’m thinking to offer a half day ride on Saturday, and a most-of-the-day ride on Sunday. (Different areas each day.)

All pavement. The pavement is crumbly, gravelly and pot-holey in places. There’ll be cattle guards, loose livestock and wildlife and water crossings.

The number and slime factor of water crossings are a function of the amount of rainfall the preceding days. You can count on at least a couple of wet, slimey crossings.

Important to leave early on both days to enjoy a relaxed pace. Fuel and refreshment stops can be found pretty much as needed.

All bikes welcome, average speed on the small roads be about 45. Will avoid major highways, although there’ll be a sprint or two on 290 and some of the bigger FM roads that have nice sweepers.

Group size will be limited. If more than, say, 8 want to ride, we’ll wrangle another leader and divide into smaller groups.

Let’s ride! 😜

Anyone interested in an exploration of lesser travelled roads? We’ll range from Kerrville, north toward Fredericksburg, east toward Johnson City, then rounding back to KVL via a more southerly route.

I’m thinking to offer a half day ride on Saturday, and a most-of-the-day ride on Sunday. (Different areas each day.)

All pavement. The pavement is crumbly, gravelly and pot-holey in places. There’ll be cattle guards, loose livestock and wildlife and water crossings.

The number and slime factor of water crossings are a function of the amount of rainfall the preceding days. You can count on at least a couple of wet, slimey crossings.

Important to leave early on both days to enjoy a relaxed pace. Fuel and refreshment stops can be found pretty much as needed.

All bikes welcome, average speed on the small roads be about 45. Will avoid major highways, although there’ll be a sprint or two on 290 and some of the bigger FM roads that have nice sweepers.

Group size will be limited. If more than, say, 8 want to ride, we’ll wrangle another leader and divide into smaller groups.

Let’s ride! 😜
Sounds like fun, I am in for Saturday.

I'm game for whatever, just ready to ride!

Is anyone going a Cardo user? My wife and I use the Packtalk Bold instead of the Sena system. I know both will talk to each other but for the sake of grouping together was curious.

Let’s ride! 😜
I'm in for Saturday

How has the rain been in the kerrville area?

We have been getting a lot of rain in and around Houston area since last week and now this week.

LOL...... But that was on the 350..... I can do paved as well. It'll be a good break. Like riding with Keith and Brooks..... Although I still like taking the big girl to the dirt.

How has the rain been in the kerrville area?

We have been getting a lot of rain in and around Houston area since last week and now this week.

Still too soon to guesstimate conditions for Memorial weekend. The area saw spotty, heavy showers today. Looks to be a repeat tomorrow. and probably the rest of the week. But this week's weather has no bearing on our event in two weeks.

No hotel rooms available so looks like I'll be sleeping under the stars. Booked a tent site at Kerrville-Schreiner Park for Saturday and Sunday night. I have to work Friday and I don't think I'll make the ride on Saturday morning. Looking forward to it as I have never camped from a motorcycle and I've never ridden in this area.

I will register closer to the event date. I'm hoping there will be a way for me to get in with a group on Sunday morning.

No hotel rooms available so looks like I'll be sleeping under the stars. Booked a tent site at Kerrville-Schreiner Park for Saturday and Sunday night. I have to work Friday and I don't think I'll make the ride on Saturday morning. Looking forward to it as I have never camped from a motorcycle and I've never ridden in this area.

I will register closer to the event date. I'm hoping there will be a way for me to get in with a group on Sunday morning.
I’m at the park as well, in site 29. This is probably a great first motocamp experience as there are plenty of amenities around if needed as well a few of us that are experienced motocampers. You are welcome to stop by my site and if you have questions let me know, happy to help if I can.

Still trying to get the moons to align for the event, but if so will be happy to ride with you.

Wow, you are right. Doesn't seem to be any hotel rooms left for that weekend at all. I guess I'll be riding in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I have site 25 so I’m sure I’ll be seeing you. Looking forward to it.
I’m at the park as well, in site 29. This is probably a great first motocamp experience as there are plenty of amenities around if needed as well a few of us that are experienced motocampers. You are welcome to stop by my site and if you have questions let me know, happy to help if I can

I really need to pay more attention...I'm hoping to be able to come out for one of the days...not sure if it'll be Sat or Sunday.

Still trying to get the moons to align for the event, but if so will be happy to ride with you.

Wow, you are right. Doesn't seem to be any hotel rooms left for that weekend at all. I guess I'll be riding in.
Just grab a tent and sleeping bag.

That's not a bad idea, but my GF is out of town so I'll have to head home to watch the dogs.
If you figure something out with the dogs, you can crash at my camp site. Has electric so you can bring your cpap machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back