• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY Hill Country 500: Nov 8-10, 2019

I had some vehicle trouble so I didnt make it today ( I had a suspicion so I didnt post)
Planning to be there early friday to help as much as time let's us.

IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

IMG_2363.JPG

we did a little work then we had a little fun.

I'm in, camping at Mike's, Option 2, paypal sent. Looking forward to it.

First person over the partially finished teeter-totter

Signed up and paid last night. Option 2 rider. Bringing 28 ft Boondocking capable Travel Trailer and 1200 GS Adventure. I'm shooting to arrive afternoon on Friday.
My SO plans to come out later in the day, before dinner on Friday. She's a non-rider and will be studying most of the time, but would like to join for dinner Friday night.

Last edited:
Question for the Option 2 riders: Are most of you planning to pack up camp on Sunday morning and do the Sunday ride fully loaded, or are you planning to come back to camp after the ride to take down and pack?

I am in - will register and pay shortly. Option 2.

So I've got a question... I signed up my father-in-law and myself for this ride, we're both experienced riders, but fairly new to the dual-sport/ADV style of riding. Is there a group doing Option 1 (big loop, over-nighting in Kerrville) that we can join? Is that kinda thing done here or on Friday? Thanks!

-MadV

Question for the Option 2 riders: Are most of you planning to pack up camp on Sunday morning and do the Sunday ride fully loaded, or are you planning to come back to camp after the ride to take down and pack?

Im planning on coming back Sunday after the ride to pack up. Dont have a choice- Im hauling the bike in my truck!

I am returning to load bike in truck and pick up travel trailer for short ride back to Austin.

So I've got a question... I signed up my father-in-law and myself for this ride, we're both experienced riders, but fairly new to the dual-sport/ADV style of riding. Is there a group doing Option 1 (big loop, over-nighting in Kerrville) that we can join? Is that kinda thing done here or on Friday? Thanks!

-MadV
We have a small group doing the overnight in Kerrville, you can tag along with us. Do you have a site reserved yet? We have a couple of extras.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Mike, are you set up to do a chain swap at your shop at the site on Friday? The ride down from Denver is putting mine on its last legs. I had hoped to get another 5k out of it, but I guess not :(

Edited to add, I just need tool and space, i'll supply parts and labor.

Still room for a 26ft Class C motorhome pulling a Kendon trailer and not too late to register? Motorhome is set up for dry camping....

The barn is very well setup with tools for most any job, but I must admit I can't picture in my head where my chain breaker is right now, but I know I have an older style one someplace, I used it not too long ago to put a new chain on the Husky. If you have one you might want to bring it just in case.

As to the motorhome, I think we can find room, but I must admit feeling a bit anxious, the count is about as high as we are comfortable with. Had a call from a guy who is adding 8 more... Hope Main Street Grill can order enough meat :)

Tomorrow I will use Google earth to create a site plan showing where I think camping will be and where the RV's will go. We do have extra space on the other side of the road if we really need it.

Also, will post up the food details for dinner and breakfast. This year we are renting two of the large 60 cup coffee makers, so no waiting on the go juice!

Note to all, please bring a chair!!!, we have several large tables and a dozen or more chairs, but the crowd has grown and there is no way can supply that many chairs.

I'll camp in the "other" side this year. I've always wanted to be by the river and this is a good excuse (quiet side 😇) . I'll also try to bring extra chairs since I plan on driving my truck with the 350 on back.

Gourdhead, I hope to be there by about 3PM and I'll bring a chainbreaker/riveter.

Thanks JT. I'm may just get it dealt with while I'm in Houston, I'll let you know. And Mike, I have some stops to make in Austin on Friday, but once I hit JC I'm at your disposal.

I'll camp in the "other" side this year. I've always wanted to be by the river and this is a good excuse (quiet side 😇) . I'll also try to bring extra chairs since I plan on driving my truck with the 350 on back.

I would guess that Saturday night should afford a bit more elbow room since a portion of the riders will be overnight it in Kerrville. :chug:

Sylvie's foot is still in plaster, so we won't be able to make this, hope everyone has a great time and the weather cooperates!! Post plenty of pictures. :)

Gourdhead, I may be asking you about how to make coffee for a motley crew like this. I am going to rent some 60 cup coffee makers, but I have never made coffee in these contraptions. My research tells me with the crowd size and the length to brew these large machines I should get a minimum of 2 but safer with 3 machines. Any advice is welcome :) I will have a couple of KCup machines too just in case.

Back