• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY Hill Country 500: Nov 8-10, 2019

I am in for this ride. Had a blast last year. Got there on Friday and helped mike get stuff set up. Also Helped set up Mc course, did not want to make it to difficult for anyone. It will be good to see everyone again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in, I’m in
Will send my money Tuesday.
Can’t wait for this event.
Thanks in advance to all of you that make this great event happen.

Registered and hotel booked.. really looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, yes based on last year, the routes could be beginners friendly but nevertheless they are very demanding. Physically and mentally demanding. I would never suggest to just show up without feeling at 100% because your back, your arms, your legs will feel the 250 miles of back roads in 1 day. I rode with a fast group and we still arrived late super tired and ready to hit the sack. Second day is also demanding and if you are super tired from the 1st day, you will be more prone to have an issue. Dont underestimate riding 500 miles in 2 days in the back roads of Texas! (specially if you are riding a mid or large size bike) I use this ride as motivation to go to the gym and do some upper body and leg work. C U There!

Hi. Was just up on the James River Road out of Mason last week. One long, probably 100 yards, low water crossing that was too slick for me try by myself. Any chance that road is on the route? This sounds fun. Never been in on a group ride before.

Hi. Was just up on the James River Road out of Mason last week. One long, probably 100 yards, low water crossing that was too slick for me try by myself. Any chance that road is on the route? This sounds fun. Never been in on a group ride before.
Don't know if it's on this ride but a ride out there is coming up the first of Oct. On the monthly TARA ride. Don't miss this one. James River will probably be very low this year though. Oh. Bring your cameras.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Don't know if it's on this ride but a ride out there is coming up the first of Oct. On the monthly TARA ride. Don't miss this one. James River will probably be very low this year though. Oh. Bring your cameras.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Yes , James River was low, about 6" or so that I could see over the road. But really slick. And the water across was about a 100 yard crossing. This was just this past Wednesday.

You have a link for the Tara ride? Registration needed?

Thanks.

Sure hope we start to get some rain so we have green grasses to enjoy.

Anyone planning to camp in Kerrville?

Registered! Will plan to camp at Mike's place, if there is still room for a truck and small trailer. Probably put the tent on the trailer, if that's okay. Thanks for the place to stay!
Looking forward to this. Will be first group ride anywhere.
Billy

Anyone planning to camp in Kerrville?
I was thinking about camping there. I can remember the place I stayed last time I called there.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Best place to camp is the Kerrville-Schreiner Park. Look at the park map. The park is on both sides of Hwy 173. The quietest campsites are on the hillside not the riverside of the Hwy.
I'll be camping at Mike's Saturday night.

Back