• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hinze's BBQ - Sealy, TX

Reaction score
2101 Highway 36 S, Sealy, TX
(979) 885-7808

Right off of I-10 in Sealy. Man is this stuff good! They have a big menu, including BBQ, country fried steak, burgers, and all kinds of pie and cobbler. I plan to make this a regular pit-stop on the way to and from Houston.

I didn't have room for pie when I got done with the BBQ :nono: I can say that the BBQ was REALLY good :thumb: and I think it would make for a great pie run location.

Hinze's opened a branch location in Katy and it was awful. Small portions, too much sauce, dried out meat, and expensive. They closed within 9 months. Haven't tried the other two locations... :rider:

I think the one in Sealy is superb. I stop there whenever I can (and if I have a large appetite.)

I remember eating at the one in Warton when I was a kid, I remember the tree growing through the building.

and yeah the one in Katy wasn't very good. we're getting a Spring Creek in katy, and I don't care what anyone says its pretty good for chain b-b-q. I like their chopped baker, and their fresh rolls are awesome.

oh yeah and 2 words...
sweet-tea!

I remember eating at the one in Warton when I was a kid, I remember the tree growing through the building.

and yeah the one in Katy wasn't very good. we're getting a Spring Creek in katy, and I don't care what anyone says its pretty good for chain b-b-q. I like their chopped baker, and their fresh rolls are awesome.

oh yeah and 2 words...
sweet-tea!

I live in Wharton and the tree is still there:clap: I eat at Hinze's ever chance I get the ribs are great. :eat:

While you're in Sealy there's two great Mexican places. One is south of I-10, north of where the old WalMart used to be. The other is on the railroad tracks just out of downtown; kinda close to the cop shop.

Good groceries.

(((((At least they were there last time I looked. Sorry I can't remember the names but the locals will point you to them.)))))

Back