• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hippo Hands - warm hands without heaters!

FCBH

Reaction score
...just put on a pair of Hippo Hands on the Yam and went for a ride with temperatures in the 50s. Using my summer gloves, my hands remained warm! I purchased the "Back Country" style that allow plenty of flexibility when standing up on the pegs.

i-X68smLN-L.jpg

They quickly install over your existing Bark Buster protectors. They are used extensively by snow mobile enthusiasts. Motorcycle riders such as Craig Vetter started using a similar version using a small sleeping bag so he could avoid using large bulky gloves.

:lol2:

I recommend them!

RB

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. I always thought they were ugly as sin, but I went ahead and ordered a pair for the AT. your comment about the summer gloves vs. heated gloves sold me.

I have heated grips and 2 pair of heated gloves. I hate wearing the heated gloves because they are so bulky. they do keep my hands warm though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just bought a set of Hippo Hand Alcans for my winter riding. So far I love them! They install easily over my Bark-Buster handguards and come up my forearm far enough that I don't get a draft in the cuff of my jacket. With heated grips these are going to make my winter commute pretty nice.

yea, i like them...:chug: for my motocross pinger

20180203-104044-1.jpg

and my plated thumper

20170407-123435-1-1.jpg

same one even fits my strom

IMG-20181022-154829175-HDR.jpg

After it got down to 38 degrees last week on the commute in I was thinking of them. Cannot remember who originally told me about them? Might be tempted if I continue to use the bike for work.

yea, i like them...:chug: for my motocross pinger

20180203-104044-1.jpg

and my plated thumper

20170407-123435-1-1.jpg

same one even fits my strom

IMG-20181022-154829175-HDR.jpg

Aren't those the ones where you put your hands inside of them? I think the one's Fred is referring are basically just oversized wind deflectors that mount to the bark busters. Or, am I missing something in the pics? :shrug:

Howdy Guys,

The Hippo Hands are awesome! There have different size models. They will also work on bikes that do not have hand guards. The only concern is at really high speeds sometimes the material can slightly press against either the clutch or brake lever.

RB

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TuRVduk7Q"]Here is a quick video demo of the Hippo Hands.[/ame]

I bought my first pair of Hippo Hands in 1975 when they were Vetter brand. They never leaked nor did the followup versions. I had to be careful not to angle the open ends up and let water run down my sleeves into them though.

I have ridden mine in some pretty serious rain. My hands stayed dry the entire time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back