• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Home for sale near motorcycle Mecca

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
I'm posting this for a friend. Dean Lear was the founder of San Jose BMW. Back in the day he did a lot of work with the BMW factory; his team has won at Daytona, he's run at Bonneville, he still provides some unobtainable stuff for various teams via the contacts he's built up over the years, etc. He's the real deal. After selling the business to Chris he moved here to the Phoenix area and then later built a totally off-grid place in Show Low, about ten miles from my place up there. He and Pam got tired of the long winters and moved to Ducktown TN which is about 30 miles from Tail Of The Dragon and 40 miles from Two Wheels of Suches, but Dean will tell you that there are much better roads back there then just the Tail.

Anyhow, he and Pam are getting up in age and want to make one more move that will get them back closer to family and they are looking at Cottonwood AZ which will put them about two hours away from me. Lower elevation than Show Low (so far less snow) and a great medical facility as well.

The ad is posted on ADV at: https://advrider.com/f/threads/meticulous-smokey-mtn-home-with-1032-sq-ft-garage-man-cave.1383472/

Or you can review it on Zillow as well: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/129-Wren-Ct-Copperhill-TN-37317/80385874_zpid/

I've been there, and Brenda and I spent two nights in the apartment over the garage. I can assure you that everything is just as he describes it in the ad, if not more.

If you've ever considered retiring back to that area of the country or if you have moto friends that already live back there, this just might be the place for you or them. They are in no need or rush to sell, so his price is pretty firm but I think it's worth every penny.

If you're an inmate over at ADV you can ask him any questions directly via that thread, but if not you can post them here and I'll relay it to him.

The photo shows my Wing in the garage and Brenda looking out over the property.

Attachments

• 100_0458.JPG
    100_0458.JPG
    352.7 KB · Views: 326
I remember your post of this house from your cc50. I love that rich dark siding . Very nice

Dean doesn't know I'm posting this part, but here's info from his recent ride report. (just something to help tempt someone reading this)

FYI - Big Bertha is his Harley. This is his 3rd one in the past couple of years and he absolutely loves it. Yes, he still has Beemers in the group as well. Now, after you review the following, can you not picture yourself loving this life? TONS of great roads to ride with little to no traffic to deal with. Beautiful scenery. Quiet. Serene. And if you're a dual sport or dirt bike rider, there are even more great places for you to ride.

This fantastic morning, Sun just coming up, about 59F out air with low humidity and smells fantastic with all the new Green and wild flowers, cloudless sky and Big Bertha III quivering in anticipation. Oh Baby.
ricky.gif

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20004-XL.jpg

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20005-XL.jpg

Almost impossible for me to stop when in the complete Zen of early morning no traffic perfect weather ride. Surpasses anything the Chamber of Commerce could dream of in their wildest dreams. Finally stopped at a little Church on 60 and took a few snaps.

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20008-XL.jpg

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20009-XL.jpg

Parked next to an immaculate old Kaw KZ1300.

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20011-XL.jpg

Eye Candy everywhere.

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20013-XL.jpg

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20014-XL.jpg

Would love to have one of these.

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20016-XL.jpg

Get a kick out of this

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20020-XL.jpg

A completely immaculate Honda 4 cyl 400 bored to 475cc's and super trick.

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20022-XL.jpg

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20023-XL.jpg

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20024-XL.jpg

The crowd just started building

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20002-XL.jpg

They served 236 cooked to order lunches yesterday, they expected more today. The food is outstanding, the Hamburgers are 1/2 pounders.

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20019-XL.jpg

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20018-XL.jpg

Ride%205-19-19%20TWO%20017-XL.jpg

What a fantastic day, only road about 150 miles. BB III did a great job.
thumb.gif

Put a good supermarket nearby and I might be able to convince my wife. :sun:

Beautiful place. Nearly perfect for us, size-wise. My office in the garage would be awesome.

Put a good supermarket nearby and I might be able to convince my wife. :sun:

I guess that depends upon what you call "good". We do have a Walmart 14 miles from Dean's house and he likes it a lot. It's located in Blue Ridge GA and it has a Home Depot as well as the typical small town businesses.

I have good news to report. Dean and Pam have sold the place and close on it this coming week. They purchased a place in Alamogordo NM, not far from Beemerchef (Ara of the Ara and Spirit sidecar pair). In late spring or early summer we'll probably ride to Pie Town with others to meet for lunch.

logo_3.jpg

Dean doesn't know I'm posting this part, but here's info from his recent ride report. (just something to help tempt someone reading this)

FYI - Big Bertha is his Harley. This is his 3rd one in the past couple of years and he absolutely loves it. Yes, he still has Beemers in the group as well. Now, after you review the following, can you not picture yourself loving this life? TONS of great roads to ride with little to no traffic to deal with. Beautiful scenery. Quiet. Serene. And if you're a dual sport or dirt bike rider, there are even more great places for you to ride.

This fantastic morning, Sun just coming up, about 59F out air with low humidity and smells fantastic with all the new Green and wild flowers, cloudless sky and Big Bertha III quivering in anticipation. Oh Baby. View attachment 234553

View attachment 234554

View attachment 234555

Almost impossible for me to stop when in the complete Zen of early morning no traffic perfect weather ride. Surpasses anything the Chamber of Commerce could dream of in their wildest dreams. Finally stopped at a little Church on 60 and took a few snaps.

View attachment 234556

View attachment 234557

Parked next to an immaculate old Kaw KZ1300.

View attachment 234558

Eye Candy everywhere.

View attachment 234559

View attachment 234560

Would love to have one of these.

View attachment 234561

Get a kick out of this

View attachment 234562

A completely immaculate Honda 4 cyl 400 bored to 475cc's and super trick.

View attachment 234563

View attachment 234564

View attachment 234565

The crowd just started building

View attachment 234566

They served 236 cooked to order lunches yesterday, they expected more today. The food is outstanding, the Hamburgers are 1/2 pounders.

View attachment 234567

View attachment 234568

View attachment 234569

What a fantastic day, only road about 150 miles. BB III did a great job. View attachment 234570

Looks like they have a pic of Conway Twitty on the wall in your last pic.

He's no longer riding due to medical issues. He did have a big 4X4 with overhead cab camper on it, but he sold that a couple of years ago. He's down to just a Jeep and a JCW Mini for the paved roads. Dean and Ara are just minutes from great riding/driving in the mountains. For those that don't know, Spirit passed about 18 months ago and it was quite crushing for Ara. I think he tried adopting another dog, but I'm not sure whether that worked out or not. I look forward to seeing him and Dean next year. Maybe, just maybe, if we bring the steaks and sides we can convince him to cook for us.
:eat:

I knew those guys from SJ BMW way back in the days when they rebuilt the splines on my R75/5 for $80 and got me going again on my beloved first BMW in 1980. I learned a lot from those guys back in the day of two plug head conversions and their custom swingarm braces. I also took a wild road trip to Canada with their long time sales manager Peter Connely. Good people on that team. I'm glad he's found solace in AZ and now TN, as he's earned it. Show Low def has some really nice riding available. Also some nasty automated speed traps most of which the town voted to remove.

Michael, yes, that would have been Spirit back at that time.

Ed, thanks for the kind words, I'll pass them on to Dean. He and Pam should be arriving at their new home in Alamogordo today. It will be nothing like their Show Low off-grid place or their beautiful place in TN as they are downsizing for what they think is going to be their final home, but Dean will have access to the Lincoln Nat'l Forest right down at the end of his street (1/2 from his garage door) and he'll be putting his little BMW 310 to use a lot.

I think the place is sold now for $400k. I'd have been happy buying only the garage and upstairs apartment. Love the riding out there but would need another DS for all the forest roads.

I'd have been happy buying only the garage and upstairs apartment.

We were quite comfortable for a couple of nights. How many hosts leave candy on the pillows for you? :clap:

Dean is 78 now, but he and Pam built out this entire apartment by themselves. If you ever saw the photos I posted of his Show Low place then you know he built all that himself as well. Talented guy.
Garage apartment - Edited.jpg

Back