• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Homesteading in Krum, bike stuff.

ntklr650

Matt6:34
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
M
So I have a blog just to ramble from time to time as well as a YouTube channel about our Homestead and Motorcycle stuff.
I'm not overly exciting but I enjoy documenting what we are up to.

The blog

The YouTube channel

My wife and I are homesteaders as well. We built our house from the ground up. we only have four acres but the soil is great and we like to garden. I really like TWT Gardening thread. I looked at your YouTube channel and will watch some of it. Been homesteading in three places since 1995 and it is an exciting adventure. I could never go back to the other side of our gate :).

We are completely new to this but it's always been a dream of ours. We have been renting and saving for 10 years. We bought the land in 2017 and built the house last year. We are taking it slow as it costs slot to get the equipment. But we will get there in time.

Just added a new bike to the homestead.

Its a little political but nothing anyone could disagree with I hope. Have to Love Theodor Roosevelt.

No argument from me, I tried it from a religious Cub Scout to a 45 year old legalist. I do like the riding video, and Mr. Roosevelt really lays out a self effort life that no person can achieve. I used to try to live as T R describes. All it did was make me miserably tired. Really, what about those thoughts? Only reason I am responding is the Ten Commandments were mentioned. When I was watching/ hearing the above, I thought, that reminds me of the Boy Scouts and Moses :). The law just showed me all the areas of my life where I have failed. That is what the law does, it brings bondage and self condemnation, and points to freedom in Christ. No one can keep it except the perfect one that kept it. So I just TRUST in Christ and the new nature and identity of living His life through me. I focus on His performance and not mine and TRUST the one that fulfilled the law. This is much easier and peaceful for me than trying to please Him with my works, and His love causes us to love others. The Big Ten and the other 618 laws serve a purpose, they show us our need for GRACE, God's unmerited favor. I forgot my 45th B-day was 1995 I'm old but still love gravel roads on two wheels.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
I absolutely agree. We can't save ourselves. Toxic masculinity has nothing to do with masculinity and everything to do with selfishness. It is ones desire to put themselves ahead of everyone else at any cost. It is sadly human rather than male or female. I agree with you that Theodore Roosevelt missed the boat in the application and the self reliance aspect. Putting our hope in Christ is truly our only hope.

Mike I missed the boat too. I circled the wilderness five years longer than Moses and his followers. Then I gave upon my own ability and received the simple Truth and the Truth set me free. I laid down the heavy stone tablets and received the Sprit. Then guess what? Then I could love, because I have been loved, just as I am, even on my worst day.

Thank you for sharing that. I could not agree more. That is really encouraging to me.

I am reading a book called "The Masculine Mandate" by Richard D. Phillips. It has been a really great book walking through scripture at what it means to be a man and what scripture calls me to do as a worker, father husband and man in this life.

Here is a link to a 5 min. video that some may find interesting. The full video is under John Lynch (not football) Two Roads. Lynch is one of my favorite authors. It helps to watch him since he is also an actor. When I first saw it, I thought, this is exactly how I got taken captive and cried out for the truth and the truth set me free. One of Lynch's books, "On My Worst Day" is one of my favorites. If you find yourself in this video you will be all over "On My Worst Day".

Last edited:
That is a great video. Never seen that before. He really summarizes what so many go through but never see as we are in the trenches. It never seems that clear but from the third person it is that clear as God is never changing. His ways are simple and there is one path to Him.

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Had some couch / coffee time this morning and watched some of your videos. Very enjoyable, good job :thumb:

We need to see your mighty klr

Just came across this about change and God and stuff. To my knees i have taken myself and even plastered my face in the dirt. I recently had a change of life that doesnt come easy at all as i crawl out of it in a day in by day out basis. In a bucket i left the life of substance abuse behind after going thru rehab at the VA that i used to dislike and now love for saving me from myself. Everything i did revolved around partying hard core. Forgiveness is what keeps me going but also keeps me from onward. My God and family forgave me of my messed up ways and deadly lifestyle but me forgiving me is where i have the stumble. I had a big deep void i left behind after quiting that i didnt even know was there until i got a klr that gets me higher than any substance can. In less than i year i wrecked the bike like nine times and both of us stood up a lil banged and scratched up and kept on keeping on. Im surprised at how good ived gotten in not riding it but saving us both from falling. Now i hope to meet new poeple that are good folks and like to get just a riding anything anywhere on two wheels. My recovery started with leaving behind the many so called party friends and not looking back. Now its a matter of getting to work and meeting new good folks for now its me and my friend Jesus Chirst (the guy from Nazareth) and hes very great company and better than gps. Not shure how whats ahead but it has to include 2 wheels and meeting new good poeple so help me God.

@Batsqatch_papa praying for you brother in your road in life. From the sounds of it you are pointed in the right direction. I could not agree more with you that the KLR is medicinal. It has helped me through some of my hardest times as it's just a good time to get out and think and pray (with your eyes open). Even my wife agreed and forced me to get a bike again after a few years without.

Understanding your need of forgiveness is half way there but accepting forgiveness can be the hardest part. But is done only by God's grace. He sent his only son to die on a cross for our sins; for all of it! We cannot not argue with that abundant love and grace but humbly accept it. In my experience, surrounding ourselves with good Christian men that can hold us accountable is very important in our walk with Christ. They will pray for us, with us and at times will rebuke us when it's needed. Stay in God's word daily and don't be afraid to reach out when you need help. This forum has many incredible folks that truly care about others and will earnestly pray for you. God bless you brother.

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32, ESV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9, ESV)

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1, ESV)

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:31-32, ESV)

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36, ESV)

I just wanted to share what we are doing as a family at home on Sundays. I'm not a preacher and don't pretend to be but I wanted to have a little more structure for our worship as a family. I'll try to share these till we return to church.

Back