• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda. ADV150

Aesthetically and practically the ADV150 is very different from the CT125. Mostly the ADV is a step-thru and will have significantly more power and likely better on road stability too. Looks like the ADV is just a bigger bike all around. Considering all things, it really looks like the ADV is just a better, more capable moto for riding 99% on paved roads.

I'm not at all surprised your wife prefers the ADV, and I'm not surprised that the old guys on this forum prefer the CT. Mars and Venus.

I read Chetha's write up on her Cannonball Run. 500 mile days with plenty of gravel roads/trails, some fairly tough. The ADV 150s with knobby's did great. No mechanical problems at all. If you have time, it's a good read, I think she and her riding buddy were a group of less than twenty to finish out of hundreds who signed up.

We watched some of the Cannonball on YouTube, did anyone from the forum participate? That's a long trek on a scooter.

FYI, "good deals" and hard to find right now. Supply is far behind orders and the dealers that have the bikes aren't making deals right now in a sellers market. Either bite the bullet and go get it, or be prepared to wait it out. But with gas prices increasing, demand will probably out last supply for at least the near future.
I just bought a new Monkey and asked the dealer for some kind of discount. He knows me well and I've bought multiple units from him. . . When I mentioned giving me a friends and family deal, he said there was no way he could come down on the price, but did give me half off of assembly and prep.

Better than nothing.

There is a Honda motorcycle dealership in Orange Tx that is listing and selling units as much as $400 above MSRP. Crazy!!!

John D,
You are right about dealer selling price. I checked on a CRF300L, the web price was 5500 something for ABS model. They asked OTD at 6900. Not sure I am that interested.

Yep. Good thing though is that there are lots of good dealers out there that won't gouge people with their greed. And once the inventory catches up with demand hopefully people remember who those dealerships were. And tell their friends.

Honda of Houston has the scooter listed on their website at $4299. 6200 is quite a difference, what am I missing?

It is tough to get the dealer to lower the price very much. I checked other places and they were higher otd. Like John stated, a person may just have to pay the price.

Truck and car dealers are doing it on popular models. I will tell you what is outrageous, a trimmed brisket :lol2:
That is why I choose not to buy any of them.:box:
I went to a motorcycle dealer recently and they had several real clean used bikes to help fill the show room. I was wanting to sit on a couple of bikes. Nada, they said they could take my info and let me know when and if they ever they get one. They are sold before they get them. There are many buyers that are paying a down payment and maybe a premium for bikes that will arrive in the future.
It will change this winter, maybe ?.

Well, I got the wife a new toy. Maybe she will join the RMR tiddler ride this coming year. Daughter is visiting and she was wanting to ride. So, Tomorrow the wife wants to ride along to Wortham and back. A breakin ride.
20211001_175707.jpg

I haven't had an opportunity to read thru this blog, but you should find good insight re: ADV150 from a woman's point of view here:

Small world, I've met her and her husband. They both downsized from big adventure bikes. Her's was BMW 1200GS and Eric's Super Tenere 1200.

@JMZ jmz bought his Super Tenere from Eric. He did a fly and ride from their house in UT. I was already on a ride and met him there and we rode 4-5 days zig zagging back to TX. They have since moved to MS.

Congrats to your wife for her new toy. Y'all should come to the Tiddler ride on Oct 30th. My wife and I are planning on attending unless the weather stops us. Don't care to ride in the cold rain. Been there, done that, got several tee shirts.

After riding the spyder for a few years, she is having to relearn riding 2 wheels again. She is confined to the farm for a while.

Let her take her time. 2 wheels are fundamentally different than 3 wheels. Counter Steer vs. Direct Steer, etc.

She started her riding on a Boulevard C50. She did pretty good. After riding the spyder, she has to relearn just about everything..

Thought I share that a little over a week ago I put a deposit on one of these little beasts. Should be in any day. What sold me is the suspension travel and less than 300lb weight since I want to haul it on hitch carrier when I do car trips.

Back