• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yeah I bet the 1200X is fun ride for sure.:rider: I have never heard of a disappointed owner. I remember the first one I saw at a dealer, it grabbed my attention as soon as I came in the door.:drool:

Little off topic but like this new color.
2fffbe710f29d4a4e60d257d681ad926.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

There's an all black one too.

I did NOT need to see the Yellow and Black one, thankyouverymuch!

I started reading about DCT on the newest Goldwings (yes, I'm interested). Seems not everyone is satisfied and some ride manual mode most of the time. Do you have that experience, Jarrett?

I'd be curious to hear how longer time DCT riders like MisterK, Simmons1 and Uncle Buck use theirs at this point.

I push the "D/S" button twice to put it in sport mode since I prefer the way the bike shifts in sport mode 1 over regular "D" drive mode for most of my normal running around. If i feel I don't like the gear i'm in, it's easy enough to just tap the toggle up our down and it shifts immediately. But I don't have to do that very often. The computer does a pretty good job shifting, even when I want to really accelerate. Just twist the throttle and it goes. I use the toggle for engine braking mostly and it works great. If it's really curvy, I'll use sport II or sport III modes, less manual toggling that way. On the gravel roads and trails, I'll use sport II and put it in gravel mode and lower the traction control or disable it depending on the surface conditions.

I'm a big fan of the DCT. "Make everyday and adventure" :rider:

Jarrett, check out motorweek this week, they showed the new edition goldwing. It looks soooo nice. 27k for dct I believe

Jarrett, check out motorweek this week, they showed the new edition goldwing. It looks soooo nice. 27k for dct I believe
In my experience, Honda or Russellville, Arkansas is where you want to buy any Honda if you are looking for a deal.

For Goldwings, they are about 2-3K below list and that is everything but Texas tax and registration so no freight / handling or other fees.

I think you can get a DCT Tour for about 24K OTD. If you call them, they'll quote you right over the phone and it will be that number when you arrive. They don't play games, they just sell a lot of bikes so they can afford thin margins.

My bet is they'll sell just about any Honda at 10% under list OTD for current year model and for 15% under list for new stock last year's model but call them to verify when you are ready and they'll give an actual number.

In my experience, Honda or Russellville, Arkansas is where you want to buy any Honda if you are looking for a deal.

For Goldwings, they are about 2-3K below list and that is everything but Texas tax and registration so no freight / handling or other fees.

I think you can get a DCT Tour for about 24K OTD. If you call them, they'll quote you right over the phone and it will be that number when you arrive. They don't play games, they just sell a lot of bikes so they can afford thin margins.

My bet is they'll sell just about any Honda at 10% under list OTD for current year model and for 15% under list for new stock last year's model but call them to verify when you are ready and they'll give an actual number.

Good to know!

Or to use their online pricing for local bargaining power ;)

Meh, if the local guys want my business, they'll advertise a competitive price and won't play games. I'd drive/fly to Arkansas to not play games.

Couple hundred dollars equals a cheap plane ticket. Then you get to do your break in in Arkansas. :D

+1 for Honda of Russellville. Saved $2401 on my AT (non-DCT; I like my clutch and shifting gears) over the best deal I could get in Houston. Paid for the trip, hotel, and a number of goodies.

I'd be curious to hear how longer time DCT riders like MisterK, Simmons1 and Uncle Buck use theirs at this point.

Auto, s2 all the time. D if I am droning on the slab for 100s of miles, S3 in twisties, manual on a rocky or dirty hillclimb (1/10 of 1/2% of the time:))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotta take an Uber to airport, $100?

Looks like $242 to Ft.Smith and $271 to Little Rock for non stop flight

Then gotta figure out how to cover the 80 miles to Russellville. Rent a car? $50? Then drop off the rent car and catch a ride to the dealership?

Then speed time getting the bike and ride back from Arkansas at night or spend the night and ride back during daylight? Another 80 bones.

Or rent a truck and a trailer and drive the 800 miles while paying $200 in gas? Or borrow a truck and trailer and pay $200 in gas.

Don't forget taking off work and standing in line at the local tax office to find out you have the wrong docs and have to go home and have the dealership overnight you some missing signature or form, then take off work again and go back to the tax office.

OR pay a little more and get it all handled in an hour at your local dealership.

Still would be worth it to not play games. I hate hate hate negotiating and playing games. If the local dealer wants my business they'll post a competitive price. As it happens, my GSX-S1000 was one of the best prices posted in the country, right here in town, thus they got my business.

I'll compare, wouldn't do it to save a couple hundred between listed prices, but I'm not taking Russleville's price in to a dealer advertising $2500 more to start the negotiation games. Russleville posting a better price means they want my business and the local places don't.

Back