• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

You can have bikes shipped and it is not that expensive. For the cost of gas, hotel, food, etc,... you could probably pay to have it shipped if you can't wait. It is just a question of whether the dealer can conclude the deal without your physical presence.

Of course, I'd rather just trailer up, spend a few extra days doing the break in while in Arkansas, then come home :trust:

Jarrett, check out motorweek this week, they showed the new edition goldwing. It looks soooo nice. 27k for dct I believe

Are you talking about the 2018 redesign or is the 2019 much different?

That thing:
Engine Type999cc liquid-cooled twin-cylinder Unicam[emoji2400] four-stroke
Bore And Stroke92.0mm x 75.15mm
Compression Ratio10:1
6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT)

Africa Twin:
Engine Type - 998cc liquid-cooled Unicam[emoji2400] four-stroke 22.5º parallel-twin
Bore And Stroke - 92mm x 75mm
Compression Ratio - 10.0:1
6-speed DCT

Same engine?
Yes. But 5 seats and paddle shifters!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not exactly the same, but racing, and he says it's the "Cat's Meow." :D

Still, cool setup.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJOp0pfEuXI"]Alex Zanardi BMW M4 DTM cockpit explanation – BMW M Motorsport. - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Nice with the convertible 4 (maybe 5)passenger seating. Always thought that was neat. Would be nice for surveying for sure

But, does it have the passenger heat and ac like those new john deer's I've seen advertised.

As long as we are wishing...
I believe it can be had with ac/heat.
5 seat convertible.
I believe even the pioneer 500 can be had with a dct.

I've driven the 6 seat(two bench) can ams and they have a worse turning radius than a full size pick up.

I want one for the ranch. my boss will never go for anything other than a mule 610. Despite all the crews asking for something that at least rides better. He has been searching for another used one for awhile. 3 crews, 1 mule.

But I'll end up with my dad's ragged out 2004 rhino once he upgrades. I'm hoping he gets the honda so I can buy it in 10-15 years.

I believe it can be had with ac/heat.
5 seat convertible.
I believe even the pioneer 500 can be had with a dct.

I've driven the 6 seat(two bench) can ams and they have a worse turning radius than a full size pick up.

I want one for the ranch. my boss will never go for anything other than a mule 610. Despite all the crews asking for something that at least rides better. He has been searching for another used one for awhile. 3 crews, 1 mule.

But I'll end up with my dad's ragged out 2004 rhino once he upgrades. I'm hoping he gets the honda so I can buy it in 10-15 years.

Good luck, now get out there and make it so !

That's pretty slick then. My FJR will stop in 5th gear if you don't downshift, but will never shift up or down for you. That's nice that if you forget it'll take you gracefully down to 1st.

Any are out of my price range

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I was going to get around to posting that today! the sport sxs look fun, but I cant throw a chainsaw, gas, chains and brush wacker in the bed

I don't want, want race it. Lol

Places getting hard to find to take them, sport models really tear up the terrain.

Places getting hard to find to take them, sport models really tear up the terrain.

They are EVERYWHERE if you go to SW Colorado, Cloudcroft, NM., anywhere near Moab, UT., Arizona, etc,...

The General Sam Houston park North of Huntsville is popular for the SXS crowd. On Friday's, if you go over to the truck stops on the North side of town, you can see tons of big trucks with huge trailers loaded with custom tricked out SXSs. The amount of money people spend on these things is mind boggling. It is not unusual to see 3-4 of them on a single BIG trailer.

Is general sams back Open? Of course it's a mud park. Been closed.

We might need an sxs/atv discussion thread lol

Back