• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda must be cleaning out their warehouse

Reaction score
First Name
John
I was at the dealership today having some accessories put on my bike. . . Cycle Shack North in Conroe has 2 brand new 2016 ST1300 police bikes on their sales floor listed at $7999 each. No emergency equipment installed but pre wired for it from Honda.
In case anyone is interested.

C210E461-AC40-4E61-A4DA-B1FB2DF1CF5B.jpg

I've got a white bike, white helmet and hi viz jacket. I wonder how many times people think I am a cop.

I notice a lot of times when I am zipping down a road and closing on cars ahead, they will start to slow down.

One day I was riding in the boonies and realized I made a wrong turn. So I pulled over to the shoulder and waited on a truck going the opposite direction to pass. Then did my u-turn, and hammered it having fun. As I caught up to the truck, he pulled over on the side of the road and stopped. At first, I wondered what he was doing, then it dawned on me. He probably thought I was a cop turning around to come get him.

I've got a white bike, white helmet and hi viz jacket. I wonder how many times people think I am a cop.

I notice a lot of times when I am zipping down a road and closing on cars ahead, they will start to slow down.

One day I was riding in the boonies and realized I made a wrong turn. So I pulled over to the shoulder and waited on a truck going the opposite direction to pass. Then did my u-turn, and hammered it having fun. As I caught up to the truck, he pulled over on the side of the road and stopped. At first, I wondered what he was doing, then it dawned on me. He probably thought I was a cop turning around to come get him.
Both my current helmets are white. Jacket I wear most often is hiviz. My N1k is all black with a top case.

I've seen more than my share of cars lighting up their brakes as I come up behind them. I've seen this even on my K16GT, which is painted most orange, but I guess they might not see that in the rear view mirror.

I've had people pull over just because they saw my headlights modulating and assumed I was a cop stopping them. Idiots.

Before I rode motorcycles, I could only identify what I considered to be three types of bikes I'd see on the road:

Harley
Crotch Rocket
Cop

So to me, if it wasn't a Harley or a Crotch Rocket, it must be a cop. Had no idea what sport tourers or adventure bikes were. I can only assume others might think similarly.

Good thing I just bought a bike

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Before I rode motorcycles, I could only identify what I considered to be three types of bikes I'd see on the road:

Harley
Crotch Rocket
Cop

So to me, if it wasn't a Harley or a Crotch Rocket, it must be a cop. Had no idea what sport tourers or adventure bikes were. I can only assume others might think similarly.
I've seen cops on Road King, Victory (got a ticket from one), R1200RT, ST1300, C14, FJR, Goldwing, and even Busa. Saw cops on VFR1200 in London; that was cool.

My next door neighbor rode a RK for the longest time, but only because his dept only allowed Harleys. Houston PD just opened up to others, and so he just bought a brand new Wing with DCT. Beautiful piece of kit, and the perfect cop bike IMO.

I rarely ride in uniform as I've always felt like a vulnerable target. The only time people gave me more space was when I rode the Road King. Every other bike folks could tell, "off-duty."

I've seen cops on Road King, Victory (got a ticket from one), R1200RT, ST1300, C14, FJR, Goldwing, and even Busa. Saw cops on VFR1200 in London; that was cool.

My next door neighbor rode a RK for the longest time, but only because his dept only allowed Harleys. Houston PD just opened up to others, and so he just bought a brand new Wing with DCT. Beautiful piece of kit, and the perfect cop bike IMO.
Seen a half dozen Busa cops over the years in Oklahoma. They'd point at my boxer motor and giggle at me as they passed me up.

Wings and any bike not factory police packages make bad police motorcycles. A non motorcycle tech blowing it apart to install a new wiring harness can create headaches down the road. Where they put the auxiliary battery I don’t know. Polizei had undercover FJRs in Germany to catch bikes in the fun roads. Always pulled over when a bike was pacing me.

Back