• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda NT1100

Unless they change the tuning quite a bit, I think you are most likely correct.

Tracer 9 GT 115HP/69 Ftlbs
Africa Twin 101HP/77 FTlbs
Not sure what they are doing with the tuning.
I know on the Rebel 1100 with the same motor is 86HP/72 ftlbs.
The only specs for the NT I have found are euro specs, and are 100hp/76ftlbs. So if this is the case, basically the same as the AT, but is the power in a different area of the revs?
Seems I read the Rebel has it's numbers lower in the rpm range.
Also I would think the tooth count on the sprocket may be different between the 3.

I've got no intention for a new bike for a couple years. My '14 Strom just cracked 14K and the Cafe is just past 1K. But I'm wondering what bikes will interest me when the time comes, not much presently. Yamaha has the Tracer 9, Suzuki is still on with the Strom 1050, Kawasaki offers the Z900RS (no interest in the Versys), and now Honda has the NT1100 (I prefer the non DCT) that interests me. No more Euro bikes, I like my dealers nearby nowadays.

No more Euro bikes, I like my dealers nearby nowadays.
I'm kind of in the same thought lately. I love Euro bikes, but the dealer networks for them are a pain sometimes.

On the other hand, there are Yamaha, Kawasaki and Honda dealerships about 5 miles from my house that are always super helpful and responsive.

That was one of the compelling reasons a bought a Gold Wing recently versus a more sexy Euro touring bike.

If Honda came out with a close competitor for the 390 Adventure, I might make that switch as well. I hear talk of a CB350X on the horizon possibly.

So glad there isn't a sport tourer out there with an electronic windshield, heated grips, cruise control, shaft drive that has more HP and weighs less than my FJR.

Because I'd really want one.

The Honda DCT seems to be very reliable from what I've read. Any of you DCT guys having issues?

The Honda DCT seems to be very reliable from what I've read. Any of you DCT guys having issues?

I've read of several situations of folks getting stuck in a gear or unable to shift out of neutral on the Africa Twin threads on advrider. There are some remedial steps than can be attempted and as major cause seems to be batteries approaching end of life.

It's cool tech, for sure. I've ridden a DCT Goldwing and it was pretty impressive. I'm just not interested in owning one, especially on a bike I take to out-of-the-way places.

more reliable than a clutch lever, shift lever and clutch cable......I have 160k on 3 DCT bikes....knock on wood.....not a slight hiccup. The only time I had been seriously stranded on a motorcycle was a broken clutch cable. After that, I always carried an extra cable!

And I think Mister K gets his DCT bikes to more out of the way places than 99% of the riding community.

I've got about 21,000 miles on DCT bikes with no serious issues that I can remember. This Gold Wing is slowly rekindling my DCT love.

I wouldn't want it on a bike that I might ride at a track day, but for everything else including ADV, its pretty nice.

And I think Mister K gets his DCT bikes to more out of the way places than 99% of the riding community.

I've got about 21,000 miles on DCT bikes with no serious issues that I can remember. This Gold Wing is slowly rekindling my DCT love.

I wouldn't want it on a bike that I might ride at a track day, but for everything else including ADV, its pretty nice.
Track day is where I think the dct shines in manual mode. Impossible to shift faster than dct push button. That is why dct is on the formula 1 cars

I personally like it.
Very intriguing if manufactures are returning to making Sport Tourers.
More intriguing though is where in the world are those promos/ads being filmed?
Would not mind riding there myself.
Scenery/roads look breath taking.
Just canā€™t find the locale mentioned anywhere on the web.

In black, that bike reminds me a lot of my old VFR1200X. Looks like they just married the AT and VFR for the most part.

That janky windscreen is kind of a bummer. Seems like the VFR at least had a lever or something to adjust it.

What's going on with that front end during the demo ride? Looks shaky.

And what's the purpose of the second, lower display if all the pertinent info is on the TFT above?

In black, that bike reminds me a lot of my old VFR1200X. Looks like they just married the AT and VFR for the most part.

That janky windscreen is kind of a bummer. Seems like the VFR at least had a lever or something to adjust it.

What's going on with that front end during the demo ride? Looks shaky.

And what's the purpose of the second, lower display if all the pertinent info is on the TFT above?
I thought the same thing. That second screen is distracting. The NT is pretty well equipped though.

Honda USA sure is making us wait right now. No 2022 models announced yet when Europe has already seen the updated CB500 line (already available in Europe!) and now the NT1100 (available in Europe in January).

Will we see a 50th anniversary edition of the CBR900RR?

I thought the same thing. That second screen is distracting. The NT is pretty well equipped though.

Honda USA sure is making us wait right now. No 2022 models announced yet when Europe has already seen the updated CB500 line (already available in Europe!) and now the NT1100 (available in Europe in January).

Will we see a 50th anniversary edition of the CBR900RR?
I WANT the CB1300 Super Four Bol D'or!!

honda-cb1300-super-bol-d-or-right-profile-1080x608.jpg

Probably the same dash setup as the '20+ Africa Twin. That TFT takes forever to boot up, so you get the LCD speedo to make sure your have something when you take off.

Random specs:

Weight / lbs.​
Horsepower​
Torque / ft lbs.​
Gold Wing DCT Tour​
833​
118​
123​
NT1100 DCT​
547​
100​
76​
Tracer 9 GT​
485​
117​
69​
Tiger 900 GT Pro​
476​
94​
64​

Honestly, I think there is alot to like about this bike. Looks are always subjective. Nonetheless, you have the Africa Twin proven power plant adapted to a more street biased setup. Should be attractive to Honda fans. I like it, but not sure I'll want to pay for it. Waiting for U.S. availability and prices.

Back