• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda NT1100

I've always wanted to ride this bike. A sporty AT sounds like fun.

Hope they crank up the HP a bit. 125 hp would be nice, but knowing Honda it will probably be like 109 hp or something.

This seems like a replacement for the VFR1200X, which was popular in Europe, but flopped here.

I'm interested that they made the Gold Wing smaller and more sporty, then decided to come out with this bike as well.

The windscreen looks really small for a touring bike though. Will definitely have to take one for a spin when it drops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping that the wind protection is fairly good. If it can be ridden 4-6 hours in comfort and has cruise control, I'm all in!!

So do you guys think this is it? I would like something a little more like the BMW R1250 or just a bit more fairing.
Honda-CB1100X-forside-785x523_1634052813842_1634052820981.jpg

In this pic, it looks kinda Gold Wing-ish with the low slung lights:

1634166776711.png

It’s amazing how little they showed the bike in an advertisement about the stinking bike.
I was thinking the same thing. Where is the bike in the bike commercial.

Seems Honda is trying to get some good use out of that motor, this will be the third bike now it is being used on.

My only complaint about that motor is it is a chain drive instead of shaft.
For the Africa Twin, chain is OK, but a cruiser like the Rebel and this sport tourer, I think a shaft drive would be a better option, but probably not worth the cost to change the motor for that.

It's not the commercial the bike actually being revealed in another week. Kinda a spy shot interest thingy.

It was obvious but you can definitely see there's no clutch lever in the picture which means: DCT! Also, that handlebar looks quite wide.

101421Topi.jpg

It was obvious but you can definitely see there's no clutch lever in the picture which means: DCT! Also, that handlebar looks quite wide.

Well, being it is the Africa Twin drivetrain, a DCT would be expected (the Rebel 1100 also has the DCT option).
If it is a DCT, what is that thing just to the inside of the rider's hand? On a clutch bike, it's usually the fluid reservoir for the clutch fluid, right? So does the DCT still keep a reservoir there?

If it is a DCT, what is that thing just to the inside of the rider's hand? On a clutch bike, it's usually the fluid reservoir for the clutch fluid, right? So does the DCT still keep a reservoir there?
Parking brake lever?

I hope they pump up the HP. The new sportster hit Mancuso last week. Sold immediately. 125 hp mean looking machine but still not my style. If the pic above is the new Honda , I like it.

Just looks like oversized switchgear to me...

I have to admit, it's growing on me a bit...I kinda want a Goldwing or K1600B but I'll give this a look

I stopped by my local Honda shop the other day. Very few bikes. The sales manager said they have very little inventory left to sell, and don't know when they will get more in. He added they used to carry around a hundred 4 wheelers in their inventory and now they're remaining inventory of 4 wheelers was on the showroom floor. I counted 2. . .

New models are good. BUT, when you can't fill the dealerships with existing products, new models don't mean much.

Last edited:
With the rave reviews that the new Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT is receiving, I'm wondering if the "sport tourer" is making a comeback? I like these type bikes and may dump the cruiser for a sport tourer. Will this NT1100X be a tall more advish type?

Back