• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Transalp 750

Reaction score
Just a teaser from Honda. This should be good though.

More on November 3.

B_africa-twin-750-5.jpg

B_africa-twin-750.jpg

The video. No sign on it on Honda's website. Someone said it was fan made. Discussed here, 3rd post down the page is the video:

Given the video ends with "3.11.2022" and we haven't seen any sign from Honda, I'd say the video wasn't legit. That said, Honda has to be paying attention to the T700 and even the Tuareg 660 and realize they can put out a mid-sized ADV instead of shooting only at the big GS competitors. One could hope for a 750 parallel twin with architecture like the current AT. Honda seems to move at a glacial pace though.

I think part of the problem is that the Africa Twin is already right in the middle between the T7 and 790 and the big GS and Super Tenere in weight, displacement, and power. It's not as cute and dry for them to introduce another bike like it was for Yamaha having the big Tenere and adding a little one. I'm not saying they won't do it, but there's a lot of engineering to be done to make sure it loses as least 50lbs of weight over the current CRF1100 and has a now crowded market segment to compete in. Not as clear cut of a business case and that seems to be what drives Honda these days.

I would like to point out that Honda does have a 650-4 that in profile looks like it would fit in the CB500X frame with minor tweaking. but then they would have a lighter bike than the AT with AT power.

I would like to point out that Honda does have a 650-4 that in profile looks like it would fit in the CB500X frame with minor tweaking. but then they would have a lighter bike than the AT with AT power.

That would just cement such a bike as a street bike. The motor would be really wide in the frame and the 500X is already very street oriented compared to an Africa Twin. I can't say I'd enjoy the power delivery of a 600 inline four for off pavement riding either.

There's and interesting DIY option in the CRF500L. The 500 parallel Twin stuffed into a modified 250L frame. There's documentation of several of them over on advrider. I've not looked that closely at them, but it's a neat concept. Probably gives up some ground clearance and I'm not sure what they do with the suspension to address that.

Personally I'd like to see a bike similar to the 300 Rally with the 450L suspension and motor. A similar bike but with the 500 twin could be interesting too, targeting different interests. At the end of the day, I just don't think there's enough of a market for bikes like these as no one makes one.

I agree with William this is most likely fake especially since Honda spent lots of money renewing the name Transalp in several different countries and also obtained patents for a 800 cc engine not a 750! The leading media sources from Japan also say it will use the Transalp name. This video is also not from Honda!

Personally I'd like to see a bike similar to the 300 Rally with the 450L suspension and motor.
The reason the 450L hasn't been selling is the short maintenance intervals on the 450 L high compression engine. It they use a low compression 450 cc engine with long maintenance intervals they would sell like hotcakes!!!

Last edited:
The reason the 450L hasn't been selling is the short maintenance intervals on the 450 L high compression engine. It they use a low compression 450 cc engine with long maintenance intervals they would sell like hotcakes!!!

Yeah. Low enough compression to run in regular gas would be really nice. Happens to be a requirement for me to buy a bike anyway.

I think there's plenty room "below" the Africa Twin for a 750 parallel twin. Something heavier and more street-oriented than the T7, but still way lighter and dirtier than the AT. Cheaper and more Japanese than the KTM 790. If that video is a fake, Honda would do well to watch it and take notice.

I think there's plenty room "below" the Africa Twin for a 750 parallel twin. Something heavier and more street-oriented than the T7, but still way lighter and dirtier than the AT. Cheaper and more Japanese than the KTM 790. If that video is a fake, Honda would do well to watch it and take notice.

Going by factory spec, the T7 weighs 456lbs, my '19 Africa Twin is 506 and I think the 1100 is a little lighter. That's only 50lbs of space to fit in between. Also, Honda already has a more street oriented 750, the NC750.

Going by factory spec, the T7 weighs 456lbs, my '19 Africa Twin is 506 and I think the 1100 is a little lighter. That's only 50lbs of space to fit in between. Also, Honda already has a more street oriented 750, the NC750.
I think Honda would do well to pare down the current AT standard to a more dual sport trim. Simpler electronics, less bodywork, drop a few pounds and a few dollars but essentially be a parts bin build. Perhaps they could brand it the Transalp or AT DS or whatever. I like the idea of a lighter bike with a stonking 1100cc engine.

I think Honda would do well to pare down the current AT standard to a more dual sport trim. Simpler electronics, less bodywork, drop a few pounds and a few dollars but essentially be a parts bin build. Perhaps they could brand it the Transalp or AT DS or whatever. I like the idea of a lighter bike with a stonking 1100cc engine.

Interesting idea, kinda like a 950 Super Enduro. For my taste, I doubt they could get it light enough. It's really rather a smaller and lighter bike that still has decent wind protection and a comfy seat. Half the power of the Africa Twin would be totally acceptable, but an ounce over 400lbs wet with crash protection and luggage racks would be unacceptable.

Honestly though, I need to stop dreaming about bikes no one will ever make. My Twin is a great fit for the riding I actually do. The power and stability are great for all the high speed Texas road riding and it's plenty capable of some two track.

I changed the title to reflect new information.

It looks like Honda will introduce several new models based on their 750 cc twin. At least a new roadster and a dual sport. No matter what, new bikes are coming and that's good news.

B_nuova-gamma-honda-750.jpg

CBR750RR is a surprise. But, kinda makes sense. Honda is missing out on the 'Next Gen' supersport classification, and a decently powerful parallel twin from them would fit in there with the R7, RS660 and other 'Next Gen' bikes quite well. They'd need to be getting 125+ HP from that, which doesn't seem likely. I wouldn't place a bet on this one every really being produced...

CBR750RR is a surprise. But, kinda makes sense. Honda is missing out on the 'Next Gen' supersport classification, and a decently powerful parallel twin from them would fit in there with the R7, RS660 and other 'Next Gen' bikes quite well. They'd need to be getting 125+ HP from that, which doesn't seem likely. I wouldn't place a bet on this one every really being produced...
I think the CBR750RR is pure speculation at this point. But given that it would be a parallel twin, it should be a direct competitor of the R7. 80 HP?

Back