• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Transalp 750

A relatively similar shot (see right)

Hancock never liked his picture taken
RIP

Attachments

• 4 BMs on a trailer & one WEE on the road N-NC Oct 07 103.JPG
    4 BMs on a trailer & one WEE on the road N-NC Oct 07 103.JPG
    507.2 KB · Views: 123
Some details are coming out. Link is in Italian but nothing Google Translate can't fix.

B_honda-transalp-2022.jpg

Cycle world article says tubeless 18/21
Nowhere in the article is the word "tubeless" mentioned. The only relevant snippet I can find is "the Transalp is due to get wire-spoke wheels, with a 21-inch front and 18-inch rear." The photos/images I've seen all seem to appear tube-type. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Nowhere in the article is the word "tubeless" mentioned. The only relevant snippet I can find is "the Transalp is due to get wire-spoke wheels, with a 21-inch front and 18-inch rear." The photos/images I've seen all seem to appear tube-type. I'd love to be wrong, though.
Excuse me, I wondered on to the toureg660 article ...
Tires, Front/Rear:Tubeless; 90/90-21 / 150/70R-18

Everything I see is that they are tube type wheels.

It seems they had a design contest in their engineering department for who could make the exhaust the bulkiest under the engine. The reports from the unveiling say it has 8.3 inch ground clearance while the new V-Strom boast 8.6 inches and the T7 is still king in this area with 9.5 inches.

It seems they had a design contest in their engineering department for who could make the exhaust the bulkiest under the engine. The reports from the unveiling say it has 8.3 inch ground clearance while the new V-Strom boast 8.6 inches and the T7 is still king in this area with 9.5 inches.
I haven't followed this bike doesn't appear to be meant as a serious offroad bike like the T7. Throw a skid plate on it and run dirt/gravel roads. 7 and half inches of travel before you sit on it isn't much.

We need to ask Jarrett, lol, he'll probably buy one sooner or later. lol

"Compact, two-piston calipers work dual 310mm ‘wave’ discs up front. The rear 256mm ‘wave’ disc is operated by a single-piston caliper. Tube-type 21” front/18” rear spoked wheels (stainless steel) wear 90/90-21 and 150/70-18 tires respectively. Customers can choose from either the Metzeler Karoo Street or Dunlop Mixtour."

From Adv Pulse

They look exactly like my Africa Twin's wheels.

The reports from the unveiling say it has 8.3 inch ground clearance while the new V-Strom boast 8.6 inches and the T7 is still king in this area with 9.5 inches.

And the Africa Twin still wins out with 9.8 inches.

"Compact, two-piston calipers work dual 310mm ‘wave’ discs up front. The rear 256mm ‘wave’ disc is operated by a single-piston caliper. Tube-type 21” front/18” rear spoked wheels (stainless steel) wear 90/90-21 and 150/70-18 tires respectively. Customers can choose from either the Metzeler Karoo Street or Dunlop Mixtour."

From Adv Pulse

Parts bin wheels, as I said. At least they come with what has become standard tire sizes.

Overall, I think it looks quite nice. Just not nice enough to entice me off my Twin. Sounds be a good seller, I think. Only potential holdup I see is the seat height, but it's not quite stratospheric.

I haven't followed this bike doesn't appear to be meant as a serious offroad bike like the T7. Throw a skid plate on it and run dirt/gravel roads. 7 and half inches of travel before you sit on it isn't much.
I agree. I had just hoped that Honda would take a swing at the T7 but it appears they are trying to appeal to a different demographic.

Back