• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

7500 miles.. 1st adjustment and we really could have left it alone and been fine for a looong time. Always good to run exhausts on an xr right at the top of spec, at least thats always worked well for me. I will say Windmills garden puts mine to shame annually.
Great to see you Ed.

Welcome to my world (magnifying glass). Never have checked mine; guess I should do that.

Yes my magnifying glass has a button with lights around it. Ed didn't need it. He was just instructing me on how to do it. I wanted to see the mark good. Very easy procedure. I also take pictures of like M/N's and enlarge where I can read them. I got to have those Cadillac's (as my friend says) removed from my eyes. One of these days. :rolleyes:

I really don't know much about this. Can anyone help me with carburetor jets for my 2005 XR650L. It is stock and runs lean(pops) especially cold. It idles ok. I want to replace the main jet and the pilot. I have cleaned them once. What size do you suggest and best place to get them. I looked at XR's Only. Guess I need the numbers?
My area that I ride is mostly from 400 to 900 ft. above sea level.

I really don't know much about this. Can anyone help me with carburetor jets for my 2005 XR650L. It is stock and runs lean(pops) especially cold. It idles ok. I want to replace the main jet and the pilot. I have cleaned them once. What size do you suggest and best place to get them. I looked at XR's Only. Guess I need the numbers?
I went with a dyno jet , jet kit on mine before going with a fcr carb off a crf.

Lots of info here: https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/xrl-owners-sign-in.114834/page-6635

If they have ever been gummed up replacing the jets is a good idea, pilot especially. If you go up one size on the pilot your cold start will be better. Or, you could try stay stock and try turning your pilot screw out one turn, possibly lowering the clip one slot on your needle to raise the needle a bit. Generally, two full turns of the pilot screw equals one jet size, but never go more than 3 turns out from fully seated on the pilot screw. There aren't that many threads on the thing and you take the chance of losing it.

Yes they were gummed up two or three years ago. The bike had set with bad gas when I bought it. I pulled and cleaned but should have replaced jets. I will order both stock ones . Thanks everyone for all the good information

If it hasn’t been done, there is a process called “Dave’s mods” that make a big difference on the 650L. I’ll look them up and let you know. I do still have my stock carb somewhere and will check the jet size I changed mine to.

HAAYYY! I joined this sight because I un-retired from riding. Lasted two years without a bike and got another L because I remembered NOT having any mechanicals on that go-to-work-play-bike in 1995. I get here and Crickets, so start yammering about XR650L's and like it.

Back