• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Horrifying Crash - Austrian MotoGP 2020

Could have been much worse than it was. Chunk of that hurtling wreckage just missed Rossi!

:eek2:

The view beginning at 50 seconds - with the graphics. I can't tell exactly then the accident begins, but I think it's when the rider ahead puts his right leg out. It's astonishing how quickly that machine dropped from 309 kph to about 60 kph.

It's crazy how long Morbidelli's bike was good to go as it slid along, until it wasn't. In the screen shots as it passes between Vinales and Rossi, it's pretty intact. At the end, the recognizable part is only half a bike.

Also, Zarco's bike looks like it was still on the gas the whole way to the wall.

When it happened.in the race I totally gasped and literally put my hands on my head.

It was so scary.

Rossi said its the scariest moment in his career.

Zarco had passed Morbidelli and went wide and had to brake, Morbidelli was on the gas and hit Zarco's rear wheel with his front at 180 MPH or so.

That air wall probably saved a life. Zarco's bike was a missile and would have hit Vinales if it didn't hit the air wall.

Moto2 had a big crash and red flag too.

Things can go bad very quickly at close to 200 mph...

When it happened.in the race I totally gasped and literally put my hands on my head.
You weren't the only one!

rossihead-XL.jpg

I wonder if he will take that as a sign it is time.
Good question. Who knows.

He went right back out after the red flag and took a top 5 finish so he managed to get over it in the moment.

He's still pretty competitive....but if he was looking for a sign, that might have been it.

Here's the Moto2 crash.

Bastainini high sides over a crest and he and his bike are in the middle of the circuit.

Syahrin hits his bike head on at full throttle and literally breaks the bikes into pieces.

Here's the Moto2 crash.

Bastainini high sides over a crest and he and his bike are in the middle of the circuit.

Syahrin hits his bike head on at full throttle and literally breaks the bikes into pieces.
Wow, that's pretty crazy. Second crash should have been avoided as it was long after the flags came out. However, looking at the track layout it doesn't look like there's a good place for the marshals because the riders will be looking through the turn and miss anyone outside the turn, but the inside marshals were too far inside to be seen. Thus it looks like everyone was still coming over that crest at full speed. Scary, luckily Bastainini didn't get hit himself and was able to get off the track safely.

Dovi on Patronis Yamaha?
Maybe, but Yamaha takes a different riding style and Yamaha likes young new talent so I don't see it as likely. Rossi was only going to Petronas so Quartarara could go to Factory Yamaha. Typically, Petronas brings in Moto2 talent. Also...JL99 is apparently interested in racing again. Yamaha would have to be interested in him if he wanted to come back.

LCR Honda, maybe. I expect Crutchlow has to pull the plug and retire at some point.

Aprilia, maybe. They would be interested but not sure Dovi would.

KTM is pretty set at factory. Maybe a spot on the satellite team but they have some talent there too.

Honestly, unless someone gets hurt or retires unexpectedly, I don't see Dovi in MotoGP next year.

I say Dovi to Honda as Marquez's teammate.
Rossi will announce retirement and have a farewell full year and break all attendance records. He is charismatic and still the most popular rider in the world. It may be 2022 before he retires.

I say Dovi to Honda as Marquez's teammate.
Rossi will announce retirement and have a farewell full year and break all attendance records. He is charismatic and still the most popular rider in the world. It may be 2022 before he retires.
Agree about the Rossi farewell tour, but not Dovi to Factory Honda. Alex Marquez is already there with his brother Marc Marquez.

They signed Alex to make Marc happy. I doubt they mess that up for Dovi. Honda is ok with Alex being mid to back of the pack as.long as Marc is winning.

Alex is replacing Crutchlow is what I read. Crutchlow is out and has no ride as of yet for 2021. Someone that follows closer explain . Basically Honda fired Cruthlow and demoted Alex about a month or so back ???

Image result for honda motogp riders 2021
The Moto2™ World Champion will move to LCR Honda in 2021, confirming Cal Crutchlow's exit after six years with the Japanese manufacturer. Repsol Honda Team's Alex Marquez will move into the LCR Honda squad from next year onwards, after Pol Espargaro was confirmed as a Repsol Honda rider for 2021.Jul 13, 2020

Which would you rather have Pol or Dovi if Honda still has a choice, especially with a hurt Marc Marquez? More like the soap opera for men thread :)

Like I told a couple of my riding buddies, this might be Rossi's sign from above that it's finally time to retire. Had he been .125 of a second faster into that turn, he'd probably be dead right now. Check out his post-race interview:

Back