• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Houston/Pearland to Port Aransas? Wednesday 11/20/19

Reaction score
I've got tomorrow off and it's supposed to be a nice day. Was thinking about jumping on the KLR and taking 35 south toward Port Aransas or at least as far as Port O'Connor. Just heading in a direction rather than to a particular destination. Anyone who wants to ride with me is welcome. Just keep in mind that I ride a KLR and like to keep it around 70 for a nice relaxed ride. Will be leaving from Kelly's in Pearland around 9ish....gotta have breakfast ya know.

I've got tomorrow off and it's supposed to be a nice day. Was thinking about jumping on the KLR and taking 35 south toward Port Aransas or at least as far as Port O'Connor. Just heading in a direction rather than to a particular destination. Anyone who wants to ride with me is welcome. Just keep in mind that I ride a KLR and like to keep it around 70 for a nice relaxed ride. Will be leaving from Kelly's in Pearland around 9ish....gotta have breakfast ya know.
That's a good little jaunt. I've left from the Bucees on 35 right there in Alvin before and ridden to Port O'Connor. What time are you leaving. Took me a full day to get there and back.

That's a good little jaunt. I've left from the Bucees on 35 right there in Alvin before and ridden to Port O'Connor. What time are you leaving. Took me a full day to get there and back.
I was thinking about leaving at around 9. If I don't reach Port Aransas that's okay. Port O'Connor is a pretty good ride too and gives time to enjoy lunch and do some looking around and maybe even do a bit of photography. Would like to be back home by dark.

Port o'connor. Fried seafood pretty good

Tour down to Jetty Park on your way back
Jetty Park. Keep up with fuel. Stations spread out down there.
Matagorda, TX 77457

Back