• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Houston to Austin for Motorcycle Accident Scene Management training. 9/19/21

Reaction score
There is going to be an Accident Scene Management training course on Sunday September 19 in Weir TX (Just north of Austin) that I'm planning on attending and thought I'd share the info here if someone here might be interested in going and wants to ride with me. I'll be leaving Houston on Saturday sometime around 2pm and will be spending the night in the Austin area.

This class teaches the basics of motorcycle trauma using PACT and ABCSS of trauma. This one day (7 hours of instruction) course is geared toward the lay rescuer but is a great review for the first responder as well. Moving the injured, jaw thrust, rescue breathing, and helmet removal are skills taught and practiced. Certificate and ASM patch is earned upon completion of this course.

The course is eight hours (7 hours training+1 hour lunch) long and costs $99. Class is limited to 15 people.
Here is the link for more information. https://www.txtraumalifesaver.com/?product=accident-scene-management

Last edited:
This looks like a very worthwhile course! I will likely be out of town that weekend, but if not, I would like to do it. Thanks for sharing. @Tuco @Ocho - any interest in attending? I need you both to know how to save me!

Have a trip planned for that weekend but this is something I definitely would like to do sometime.

Have a trip planned for that weekend but this is something I definitely would like to do sometime.
I think she does them once a month so you might want to bookmark the page. I don't think Weir is too far from Round Rock. Have a safe trip.

All my emergency trauma/EMT training usually put it as Airway-Breathing-Circulation, with extras before/after for what you’re doing. Scene safety/security/major hemorrhaging, etc.
Makes sense and it's probably "Scene Safety" as I understand that is part of the course. Thanks for the info.

This looks like a very worthwhile course! I will likely be out of town that weekend, but if not, I would like to do it. Thanks for sharing. @Tuco @Ocho - any interest in attending? I need you both to know how to save me!
TheD-Man — you are correct. I would like to attend as it appears to be a very worthwhile training event. But weather permitting, I’ll be doing a ride east at that time. I’ll watch for future classes.

Hmm. Still may be on ride or just getting back; we'll see.

Working weekends in September. As a first responder I've seen a number of collisions. I saw a fella die wearing a helmet, unfortunately he flew off the bike and speared a boulder with his head. There was some brain matter around his head when I got to him seconds after the crash. He took about 4 breaths and expired. No one could've saved him. But, that's not the norm. Most can be saved and initial triage is important.

I still have a bit of work left to do to get my motorcycle into riding condition and because of all the things I've done in the past few weeks I need some time to do some shakedown rides. That being said, I won't be riding my motorcycle to the course but instead will be taking my van. I'll be leaving Houston early in the morning around 5 am if anyone is interested in carpooling I have one open seat. (cargo van...only has two seats).

Back