• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Houston to Central Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Stevan
Hello, New guy here. I'm from the Houston area, but have been hanging out in the Hill Country since basically spring break. We took advantage of the COVID work from home thing and went from Houston to my girl's family ranch in Central Texas because it gave us an excuse. While here, I picked up a 09 KLR. It started as some light modification and maintenance, but I'm a few weeks in and my bike looks terrible.

20200904_084336[1].jpg

Although I did just get done spooning on some new rubber today. I've been riding almost exclusively off pavement with either gravel roads or no roads at all, so I went with Motoz Tractionator Adventure tires. I don't think I'll go with those again since they're so stiff I barely managed to mount them and have no idea how I'd be fixing any flats in the dirt and the dust.
20200904_180306[1].jpg

I've got just a few brackets I'm waiting on from IMS for the tank and I'll be able to start reassembling everything and have my bike back on the road. Hardly can wait. :)

I just got home a bit ago and found a package on the front porch from IMS. I got excited because I thought I could wrap everything up this weekend but was severely disappointed to find that they sent me the spare fuel pump I'd ordered but not any on the brackets, which I need to do the radiator relocation. Even better, when I called them to discuss they close a bit early so I probably can't get this fixed until Tuesday. Oh well, if it gets too nice I'll just put it back together with the stock fuel tank and ride that way, though I'd rather not.

Welcome!

Has this caught your eye? Always a good time. And you have time to get the bike in tip top shape.

Back