• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Tuesday Breakfast

jfink

Forum Supporter
Everyone knows what tomorrow is ... right? That's correct, it's election day. So where are we going to drown our sorrows in some eggs and bacon? Afterwards, I plan to vote against everyone of these bastages that are in office now! Me? Angry? What makes you ask?

Tomorrow should be a great day to ride. I'm for taking a ride after breakfast and/or having breakfast at a country place that would be a start to a day of riding. I don't have any good ideas of a place but will get there if someone will post up a destination. :rider: :eat:

jfink

Forum Supporter
Tomorrow should be a great day to ride. I'm for taking a ride after breakfast and/or having breakfast at a country place that would be a start to a day of riding. I don't have any good ideas of a place but will get there if someone will post up a destination. :rider: :eat:
I like the way you're thinking! I must have dengue fever. I have several loops that we could do: Bolivar loop, Fayetteville Loop (lunch at Joe's place), Three Little Sisters loop (could stop and have a shake in Coldspring), The Forest loop (149 has just been repaved and is beautiful) with 3090. But some are more North and more difficult for you Southerners to get too.

May be if we can find a place for Breakfast and go from there.

jfink

Forum Supporter
Ok, well if you guys are willing to come North, there is a good restaurant called Magnolia Diner in Montgomery. It has a very similar theme to the restaurant that used to be at the Brenham Airport, but they have hardy/southern breakfasts. From there we could ride north on Hwy 149 to Richards over to Anderson, up to Carlos down 3090 to Navasota. From there we have several options, including just heading home.

This will be my last Tuesday Breakfast for a few weeks as Laura and I are heading to Florida for Astros Spring Training. I am also using this opportunity to drop off the Goldwing in Orlando for shipping to Germany.

GPX viewer

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

jfink

Forum Supporter
I suppose I should have mentioned this earlier, there is another Magnolia Diner in Magnolia, but we are going to the one in Montgomery.

jfink

Forum Supporter
Hopefully, you will get a better turnout than what we had last week, although I did enjoy the company and the ride afterwards.

Has anyone heard from Anthony lately???

jfink

Forum Supporter
Just be aware that they are cash only. My brother told me about this place a while back. Said good burgers, but place was kind of dumpy?

Need to see if I can make one of these though.
Thanks, we have been here many, MANY times. Good for breakfast and good burgers too. Used to be the floor was kinda kilter and you had to walk uphill then down to get to the table, but they have kinda reconciled that.

Absolutely, come on out. Group of mainly retired dudes and a few wannabe's. Sometimes we get only two or three, others there are seven or eight. No tellin tomorrow.

Last edited:

jmn

Forum Supporter
Just be aware that they are cash only. My brother told me about this place a while back. Said good burgers, but place was kind of dumpy?

Need to see if I can make one of these though.

We don't mind dumpy.... well maybe there's one exception in the gang :ponder: Join us if you can.