• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Tuesday Breakfast

I'll be there if you let me know where to find you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will work for me unless Rob wants to hold it open for next week. I'll check back at 6:00 am and see where you all will be. If nothing has changed then I'll go to Dot's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I like Dots, so doing it two weeks in a row will be fine with me. C U guys there.
:rider: :eat:

0% until noon???? I feel like this is a joke they are playing on me, but I plan to ride!

9_16_2014Weather.JPG

By the way, it is after 6am. Anyone feel like changing the location? ;-) :mrgreen:

Did anyone else get wet on the ride home? :storm: I guess I should have worn something besides my mesh jacket. Fortunately, I was wearing my FirstGear rain pants. Did you know that, those things don't work so well if you have the vents open???? :brainsnap Who knew? :doh:

Your first clue should have been when the forecast went from 0% to 90% chance of rain in an hour. That pretty much defies the weather folks accuracy ability.

It was dry on my way north. I suspect the mesh jacket didn't hold out much rain either. Oh and with the leg vents open, at least you washed and didn't just air it out.

I think we talked about doing DOTS again this week. Is anybody else in?

I would like to try but can't remember the route on backroads.

I've got to open the bookstore so I won't be going that far afield tomorrow.

It belongs to a friend of mine, a used book store on 2351. I help out once in a while when she's got to do something. She's helping another friend who just learned of nasopharyngeal cancer or something like that.

I would like to try but can't remember the route on backroads.

This is a general route that I would use to generally stay off freeways but be on Spur 5 for a short distance.

From Washington and Studemont, go south and then left on West Gray. Follow West Gray for a few blocks past Main then turn left and go 2-3 blocks and turn right at Pierce. Stay on Pierce until past Dowling where you merge left for 45 but stay to the left all the way south which puts you on Spur 5 not 45.

Spur 5 ends at OST (old 90) where you turn left. Going east the first light is Wheeler where you turn right. Take Wheeler and it merges into Telephone Rd. A few blocks south on Telephone Rd turn left at Winkler Dr. Stay on Winkler past the next light (Woodridge) and turn into the back side of Dot's which is next to Papas BBQ.

If you don't want to get on Spur 5 that soon, stay on Studemont and it becomes Montrose. When you get to Westheimer go left. Follow Westheimer and it becomes Elgin. Stay on Elgin past U of H where it meets Spur 5. Go right and follow the directions to OST.

Thank you Chuck for the detailed directions. David is concerned it's too far for a new rider like me to go in morning traffic. Next time you guys decide to meet in the Heights or near by, I'll come join you. :D

It was too far for me this week - especially since I was in Italy. But the next time you're at Dot's and it's not raining... I plan to go.

Travel Diva

:flip:

:patriot:

LOL, I thought we chose Dot's for you! :ponder:

Back