• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Tuesday Breakfast

Here's a new suggestion. I tried it the other day and it was good.

Black Walnut Grill at 5512 Memorial Drive, Houston :eat:
Cool and dry weather is forecasted.

Sooo, I take it you were satisfied with the size of their eggs :eek:

Here's a new suggestion. I tried it the other day and it was good.

Black Walnut Grill at 5512 Memorial Drive, Houston :eat:
Cool and dry weather is forecasted.

Great recommendation Chuck ... that was right up there with the vegetarian pizza place. I would write a full review but I'm starving, I need to go get something to eat.

Great recommendation Chuck ... that was right up there with the vegetarian pizza place. I would write a full review but I'm starving, I need to go get something to eat.

I have an excellent suggestion of what you can eat.

I was thinking of doing the water pump repair on the Goldwing after breakfast next week. Everyone is welcome to come over and kibitz or learn some new words, I've got tons of them. It may be a little cool outside but my garage stays nice and toasty.

Oh, I might suggest something like Skippers or The Egg & I for proximity reasons. Also, we can get a 'man' sized breakfast, instead of leaving hungry. However, there may be some of us that would favor La Madeline's ... you know who you are!

My vote is for The Egg & I. I think Leo has raised a good point. :clap:

*** fixed it for you ***

Leo; over the years I have been to Skippers many, many times and have never had a problem with my order. In fact they are about the quickest at getting my order out of any place I have ever been. I don't understand what happened, but hopefully you will not judge them based on this one experience.

With that said, the Egg & I works for me. As long as it isn't some foo-foo place because I want to leave feeling like I had breakfast. Afterwards, I will be returning to my garage to begin replacing the water pump on the Wing.

I do have some brew in the fridge for those who want to stop by. I have Hoppidillo, Dog Fish Head 60 min IPA and some Shiner Bock. If what you like isn't on the list, you are welcome to bring your own.

I would have to go one more time because of the "fool me once" thing. I just don't get why the woman didn't ask me if I wanted to order when she asked if I wanted something to drink rather than waiting 10 or more minutes until after I spoke to the owner. Hopefully I won't get caught by every traffic light and school zone next time either. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow but hopefully next week will work. Have fun.

I overheard her telling someone else the other waitress had left for some reason and that is probably why things happened the way they did that day. No one understands customer service better than I do and staffing of the business is not the customer's concern, I'm just saying this is probably the reason things didn't go better.

I thought I heard something too.

I've got to make some money so you guys can get your SS check and won't make it tomorrow. Good luck with your water pump Joe. I should be clear if you need some help after noon.

I thought I heard something too.

I've got to make some money so you guys can get your SS check and won't make it tomorrow. Good luck with your water pump Joe. I should be clear if you need some help after noon.

Stop by if you get a chance, I'll buy you a beer. There may be others hanging around, but you may not be able to see them.

I guess everyone went to Skippers ... Maybe I am the invisible one.

Just so there isn't any confusion this week, I recommend DOTS. That's the one at I-610 and I-45 South. Not any other restaurant nor any other recommendation. I would list what I am not recommending, but someone would get confused again.

By the way, the new water pump and alternator are working well!

Leaky Water Pump (credit to Chuck as the hand model):
WP_20141209_006.jpg

The wing has a few water hoses:
WP_20141209_005.jpg

Old and New Alternator:
WP_20141209_003.jpg

I had the top shelter off before Chuck and Jeff showed up, and with their help we had it back to that point before they left around 3p. I finished it off Wednesday morning and rode it to bike night Wednesday and a 200 mile ride Thursday.

Last edited:
Just so there isn't any confusion this week, I recommend DOTS. That's the one at I-610 and I-45 South. Not any other restaurant nor any other recommendation. I would list what I am not recommending, but someone would get confused again.

I'm confused. :huh: It's so early to get a suggestion. I'll have to think on this one once I can start to think clearly so I don't think something that I shouldn't be thinking. :scratch:

Ok, so the Sunflower Bakery in Galveston - got it. :eat:

Actually, I won't make it Tuesday - will be trying to pass a certification test.:headbang:

Back