• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Tuesday Breakfast

Chuck
I propose that you would not have to buy everyone’s breakfast....just those who missed last week’s historic event. See ya there.
Tom

Tom, as I’m sure you know, time is a constant movement forward and once a moment passes it cannot be recaptured. As Einstein often said “when you miss a free breakfast it is proof that you can’t be in two different places at the same time”, relatively speaking that is.

Tom, as I’m sure you know, time is a constant movement forward and once a moment passes it cannot be recaptured. As Einstein often said “when you miss a free breakfast it is proof that you can’t be in two different places at the same time”, relatively speaking that is.

Chuck
Interesting theory...though Frederick Nietzsche's "eternal recurrence" counters that and suggests that you will in fact, repeat that moment/event again.
Tom

Last edited:
Chuck
Interesting theory...though Frederick Nietzsche's "eternal recurrence" counters that and suggests that you will in fact, repeat that moment/event again.
Tom

Good point. But, unfortunately that also means you will not be there next time either.

Since there was curiosity at Breakfast yesterday, here are the details:

CRF1000 Africa Twin 2016-2017
STOCK SIZES: Chain - 124 Links / 525 Pitch
Front Sprocket - 16 Tooth | Rear Sprocket - 42Tooth

1290 SuperDuke R/GT 2014-2017
STOCK SIZES: Chain - 112 Links / 525 Pitch
Front Sprocket - 17 Tooth | Rear Sprocket - 38 Tooth

I looked up chain sizes and came across the table below. The chain on your Duke definitely looked wider than the one on my AT (530 vs. 525). Maybe it was just my weak eyes playing tricks on me.

Chain Pitch Width
520 15.88mm 6.35mm
525 15.88mm 7.85mm
530 15.88mm 9.53mm
532 15.88mm 9.53mm

Last edited:
I looked up chain sizes and came across the table below. The chain on your Duke definitely looked wider than the one on my AT (530 vs. 525). Maybe it was just my weak eyes playing tricks on me.

Chain Pitch Width
520 15.88mm 6.35mm
525 15.88mm 7.85mm
530 15.88mm 9.53mm
532 15.88mm 9.53mm

I agree Jay. I think they were different sizes too. I got these data from a website that shows the basic statistics for bikes. I didn't believe them either, so I looked them up on the parts fiche and the sizes in my post were exactly right. Mysterious???

I will be there! Haven't been there in a while. You do know that Yale Street Grill isn't very far from "Snooze"??? Just thought you might want to know. See you in the morning.

Being that it’s in the neighborhood, I’ll ne there too. But not too long.

Wow, no Tuesday breakfast this week?

Where have you been? I'm in Denver today and headed to Germany next Monday. Chuck is already in England. We will meet in about a week and a half, then spend about a month traveling. So, it's on someone else to call out breakfast for a while.

Well, you and Chuck were the main attractions, so guess it stands to reason that nobody else has taken the reigns. I know you fellers will have a great time over there, but not sure they will ever be the same again, lol. I'll be keeping an eye out for the reports :popcorn:

I will be going to the Baytown Historical Cafe this morning if anyone wants to show for breakfast.

I’ll be there as quickly as I can but you will have to wait a while for me.
Trips going well. Karen leaves for Houston in the morning. I’ll head over to meet Joe the following day. Bike has done well and the weather has been great ever since Karen arrived. Hope you guys are doing well but I think you could use our weather the last 10 days. Upper 40’s at night and upper 60’s and sunny skies during the day.

Chuck,glad the bike is working well.Maybe Karen could bring some of that weather with her.We are watching your tracks.

Sorry I missed breakfast, but picked up an overtime day today. Glad you're having fun over there, Chuck, and keep the reports coming.

Sorry I missed breakfast. For me, it was a short night. I lost 7 hours on the flight, so breakfast came quickly. I barely finished my Lasagna in a plastic container and they were rolling down the aisle with breakfast. A lavish layout of yogurt and a biscuit.

I'll be coming off nights, so anyone up for meeting a bit earlier, say 0800? How about the Pappa Yolks on Spencer in Pasadena?

Back