• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Tuesday Breakfast

Snooze? Snooze??? Some sort of hipster place, I'm sure! I'll be there if it doesn't rain. Save me a futon.

It's probably way too nice for you. I doubt if they will let you in. Maybe you can find a place down near Houston and Washington streets. Try no to disturb the bums.

It's probably way too nice for you. I doubt if they will let you in. Maybe you can find a place down near Houston and Washington streets. Try no to disturb the bums.

I heard you can "Snooze" near there under the railroad bridge. Bet you can get some fine meals, too! Save me a futon.

Man, I am not sure I like the chances of not getting wet. Right now it says 100% rain in Houston, dropping to 50% until 11:00a. I don't travel far and I don't ride in inclement weather. So, I think I am going to bail on breakfast this morning.

I think breakfast has turned into a non-event today. Maybe next week.

Sorry for you, it must have been trumatic. Is it any cooler up there?
It was 60 degrees yesterday morning. The first part of the day was really nice. It warmed into the upper 80’s in the afternoon. We did over 220 miles Tuesday over some fairly gnarly trails. It was wide enough for a car , but doubt you could get anything other than a dirt bike through it. Ha 2 down trees to deal with. Broke some branches off and drove through one; was able to drive around the other one.

Attachments

• 298CB105-687F-4557-86FA-F04C85D950A6.jpeg
    298CB105-687F-4557-86FA-F04C85D950A6.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 170
It was 60 degrees yesterday morning. The first part of the day was really nice. It warmed into the upper 80’s in the afternoon. We did over 220 miles Tuesday over some fairly gnarly trails. It was wide enough for a car , but doubt you could get anything other than a dirt bike through it. Ha 2 down trees to deal with. Broke some branches off and drove through one; was able to drive around the other one.

Sounds like you are getting your money's worth. Hope you brought your ibuprofen. We have had some rain or threat of rain every day, mix that in with some +90 degree heat and you have a Sauna. I didn't pay for a Sauna, but I guess it comes with the rent.

We beat our brains out yesterday and I was hurtin’. Did 229 miles, most seemed to be going uphill over loose rocks. Got cross-rutted on one road and ended up with my left foot pinned between an embankment and my bike. But, it was a fun day.

Last edited:
Snooze again? This time the weather is supposed to be better.

Hi guys,

It's been quite a while since I made a breakfast and just as long since I've turned a wheel. I'm selling my bike as I just can't tolerate the heat anymore. I thought I'd mention it to you guys first in case you know of anyone. It's the Honda Silverwing 600 ABS mega-scooter. It has a Givi trunk on it and the megabucks air cushion I can never remember the name of. It's got just under 500 miles total so basically new. Everything works as it should. It has a brand new as of last week battery. KBB says it's valued at $4555 with age appropriate mileage. This one is way lower mileage than that, whatever that is since they don't tell how many miles per year they figure, but probably 20k at least. I'm asking $4500. Take care.

Leo

Started new job today; probably be a while before I can make Tuesday breakfast.

Started new job today; probably be a while before I can make Tuesday breakfast.
Great Jay. Good news. Hope to see you when you get a morning off. Right now no one is posting a breakfast place. If I had to throw something out there, I would go for the original breakfast place. The Dot’s on 45 just north of 610. I’ll wait to see if anyone else is interested.

Well, since this may be the last time I ever see you, I will be there! Can you say, Donner Party of 83?

While there was record snow this year and the trails are still covered in many places I have a plan to make it through. I can survive until summer on what I’ve got stored in my big a**.
See you at Dots.

Rob, you want to meet somewhere up here??? Huntsville or Willis works for me.

I'm interested in Breakfast, i am currently in the West End of Galveston, Can we meet somewhere central between us? Webster or South of Houston possibly?

Back