• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How do you carry minimum tools on dirt bike?

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
I'm tired of a bulky fanny pack. Need ideas, fender packs, gas tank, or number plate. I like a number plate bag but can't find one. This is for single track riding not big adventure bike. Just basic stuff, won't even be carrying tubes.

Do you wear a hydration system?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I'm tired of a bulky fanny pack. Need ideas, fender packs, gas tank, or number plate. I like a number plate bag but can't find one. This is for single track riding not big adventure bike. Just basic stuff, won't even be carrying tubes.

I agree. I quit fanny packs and never looked back. I have this bag from Giant Loop. It is designed to work as a number plate mount and other mounting options too. I figured out a way to make it work on my rear fender (on my Husky). It is a very heavy duty water proof bag that can hold plenty of essentials. Check out the Pronghorn straps that Giant Loop makes too. I use them with this bag too. Makes it bomb proof.

I agree. I quit fanny packs and never looked back. I have this bag from Giant Loop. It is designed to work as a number plate mount and other mounting options too. I figured out a way to make it work on my rear fender (on my Husky). It is a very heavy duty water proof bag that can hold plenty of essentials. Check out the Pronghorn straps that Giant Loop makes too. I use them with this bag too. Makes it bomb proof.

Good info.

BigBend_11082019_01.jpg

Front and rear fender bags with a MOLE bag to hold an extra litre of fuel. I think the bags are Nelson Rigg.

Nope, rather not go back pack route. I'd rather continue the fanny pack.
Funny I recently went the opposite direction. I previously had front fender bag, rear fender bag, handlebar bag and 2 liter hydration pack. Then added a fanny pack to carry 1 liter extra water for long loops.

Instead of drilling and cutting both fenders on the new bike I decided to try my Fox hydration backpack I had bought long ago on BF special. Wow so much better for me now and not planning to go back. Extra capacity is nice when needed and no worries about the fender packs coming loose. I can also take the bike to restock beverages and get a 12 pack inside or a 10 lb bag of ice.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I keep the tool roll in my camelback. I use the number plate bag on long jaunts, and I have used the large fender bag before as well. Quality stuff.

I have not used the spare tube bag but it keeps the weight of off the front of the fender and looks to be a good design.

This is my setup for the 500. Its from Kreiga. The pack I carry has battery charger, compressor and plugs and tools. Extra jacket or shirt and gloves etc. Solid as a rock.
Might be bigger than you want. I love the little tank bag too.

Attachments

• image0-35.jpeg
    image0-35.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 466
  • image1-29.jpeg
    image1-29.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_4828.jpg
    IMG_4828.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
This is my setup for the 500. Its from Kreiga. The pack I carry has battery charger, compressor and plugs and tools. Extra jacket or shirt and gloves etc. Solid as a rock.
Might be bigger than you want. I love the little tank bag too.
Nice setup but more than I need, I hope.

I use a small rear fender bag with a separate wrap. 8--10--12 wrenches, small crescent, small vise grip, small screwdriver, combo plug/axle wrench, plug. Bag is by Dirt Bike Dan who is a college prof in Gunnison. Great guy and bulletproof bag.

I use Green Chile hardcore rack on my 500exc. With a 10L dry bag it fits water, snack, tools. It’s very light, stiffens the rear frame, very modular, grab handles, includes 2 tire spoons, but somewhat pricey.

I ordered this and will see how it works. On backorder right now.

This is what t i ended up with. Made as a fender bag. Tried that, 1 side came loose twice and was little concerned with extra weight on fender. Plus I kept visually checking it. Not good idea while dodging trees. On number plate worked great so far.
20201116_174141.jpg

That is the good thing about keeping it in the front. You don't have to keep reaching back to feel if it is still there. Looks like a good size for essentials.

Back