• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How I learned to ride - old pic fest

Dad was looking at these pics with me the other day, and he told me something I didn't know - the below pics (repeat from earlier) were my first time out on my KDX80. I had ridden it in the backyard a little to learn the clutch, and then did these the next time we went riding. So less than a month prior to this, I was on a Z50 and had never used a clutch. Explains why we had somebody spotting on that hill - I only remember him being up there this one day, but I didn't remember why.

It also means I could barely tip-toe this bike at the time - it was a BIG step up from a Z50 to a KDX80. (When my brother moved from XR80 to XR200, he had to get the bike rolling and then hop on - he literally couldn't hold it up with any part of his leg still on the seat)

Kids learn fast!:rider:

Oh yeah, I used to kick that left leg up every time I did one of these kinds of hills - no idea why - I remember it, and it just felt right. I tried it the other day and it doesn't feel right anymore.

526807_3274078406638_1585006104_n.jpg

285655_3274079566667_1172111080_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this back up, enjoyed it ! It brings back the 1970 something in us all.

Back