• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How many is "Too Many"

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Watson
So with the new bike comming and the Norton in the garage, my wife gives me a funny look when I make mention that I need a dual sport and a dirt bike. I told her they will fit perfectly under the lean to in the back yard.

This begs the question...
How many is too many? I personally feel that I should have one for each type of riding at least.

I wouldn't know...

The Herd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife says more than 1 is too many, my opinion as many as you can afford.

Three. More if some don't require tags, inspections or insurance.

I can't remember who it was but, a sig that I always thought was funny

"If she's right I have too many, if I'm right I need a bigger garage"

My wife successfully (unfortunately) uses the budget argument on me. She can't use the "too many" argument, given how many (mountain) bikes she has (and the fact that one of them cost more than my DR650...)

You are posing this question to the WRONG crowd, my friend. :trust:

That all depends on what you want the out come to be on the posed question. If I wanted the answer in her favor I would ask Facebook. But I know by asking here I will get what I want.

Don't ask my dad, his current count is...

2005 V-strom
2008 VFR Anniversary Edition
2008 VFR Dark Red color
2006 KTM 450 enduro
2005 Gas Gas Pro
2005 Gas Gas Pro

He keeps telling me he wants a cruiser too, so I am expecting the call any day now that he pulled the trigger on a VTX.

I believe I've defined "too many"... 2 more than I have is too many. Right now I have 2. So 4 is "too many." If I get a 3rd, then 5 becomes "too many."

I must be getting old, no I am getting old. I am going the other way. Was up to 13 bikes a year ago, now down to 5. All of them are at least 25 years old except the '09 Wee Strom, and all but the Strom are 2 stroke street bikes.

Wayne

When the wrenching time to keep them running exceeds the available riding time, that's too many.

It's a variable...

Well, that's how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop. And that's wisdom from a cartoon owl. It doesn't get any wiser than that . . .

Chirpy has it figured out! That is why I have started selling off many of the bikes I had. The maintainence/restoration/repair of them became so overwhelming that I was not getting to ride much. I just traded a near pristine KH400 for an 74 Kawasaki H2 that I intend to sell, and that will leave me with 4 bikes and maybe then I can ride more and work less.
Bad news, of the 5 bikes I own, three of the old ones are running great, one is half way restored waiting on me, and the '09 Vstrom (which is supposed to be my daily rider) is in the shop broke down (under warranty, so I will let them fix the darn thing) with someas yet unknown electrical gremlin.

Wayne

Back