• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How to add your event to the TWT Calenadar

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
I've installed a calendar add-on that should hopefully be MUCH easier to use than our previous calendar.

If you look at the main menu bar across the top of the forum list, you should see "Calendar" right between Members and Donate to TWT. Click that and it will take you to the calendar so you can see everything.

If you want to ADD your event to the calendar, you need to go to the FIRST POST in the ride/event thread. Look over in the upper right corner of the first post,

calendar.jpg

ONLY the user that started the thread can add the event! (or an admin).

Click on the "Calendar menu" option. The options are pretty straight forward.

calendar1.jpg

Calendar Add is for a one time event. Pick the date, or range of dates, and hit the "Calendar add" button. You are done and you can just click any navigation option to go where you want.

calendar2.jpg

For weekly recurring events, you have to pay a little closer attention. The start date is the day of the week you want to have the event. However, the end date needs to be as many weeks/months into the future as you want to keep repeating the event. Bear in mind that the there can only be a max of 60 entry dates, which means just over a year if you meet weekly.

calendar3.jpg

The rest are pretty self explanatory. If you have questions please post up here.

Last edited:
I've installed a calendar add-on that should hopefully be MUCH easier to use than our previous calendar.

If you look at the main menu bar across the top of the forum list, you should see "Calendar" right between Members and Donate to TWT. Click that and it will take you to the calendar so you can see everything.

If you want to ADD an event to the calendar, you need to go to the first post in the ride/event thread. Look over in the upper right corner of the first post,

Click on the "Calendar menu" option. The options are pretty straight forward. Calendar Add is for a one time event. Pick the date, or range of dates. After you apply, it brings you back to the menu . You are done and you can just click any navigation option to go where you want.

Only available to the thread's author, correct?

Only available to the thread's author, correct?

I don't know that 100%. I think anyone viewing the thread can add the event, but you might want to pick one, try it, and post back here. As an admin, it is sometimes hard for me to see what regular users can do vs what I can do. I have to use a test account to do that, which I sometimes use if I think there might be an issue.

If you RSVP to a calendar event/thread can you later go back and edit that RSVP?

_

Back