• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How to Ignore Forums or Threads

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
I have installed an Add-On that allows users to ignore specific forums and/or specific threads.

If you are viewing a forum, look in the upper right corner of above the list of threads,

Just click the "Ignore forum" button. You will be asked if you are sure. Once ignored, that forum section will no longer display in the list of forums until you remove it from your ignore list. Content from ignored forums will not appear when you use the "New posts" option.

When viewing a particular thread, scroll to the top of the list of posts for that page,

Click that and you will be asked if you are sure. Once ignored, that thread will no longer display in the list of threads until you remove it from your ignore list. Ignored threads will not appear when you use the "New posts" option.

Once you have any forums or threads ignored, you can see that list by clicking on your user name to see your preferences,

Click on the Ignoring link and you will be taken to your user profile page where you can see the users, forums, and threads you are currently ignoring.

To stop ignoring, just click on the little garbage can icon shown above.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Let me know how it works. As the Admin, I don't get the luxury of being able to ignore stuff :-P

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Warren
It works great!

I have a dozen or so users on my ignore list and it's as if they were dead to me.
There is usually no footprint of a posting in a thread and threads started by them, don't show up in my listing.

The only way I see a footprint is if their post is quoted or they quote something I post. And then I see an option to view it.

StromXTc

Forum Supporter
First Name
Brian
Perfect, I didn't want to ignore the authors, only a specific thread. Thanks for adding this I think it will be one of the best features.

I'm sure they know its popular, that's why you had to add it as a premium feature.