• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How to include images in your posts

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab If you want to include images in your posts, you will first need to have the image online somewhere so that you can link to the image. There are numerous hosting services like: smugmug.com, pbase.com, imageshack.us, photobucket.com, etc,... You can also make a small donation to the site and have access to the TWT Photo Gallery. Once you have the image online, there are two ways to use it.

First is the URL tag.

[url=https://www.yoursiteaddress.com/picture.jpg]Description of Picture[/url]

For example: This is the clickable text description for a link to a banner image

You can also use the IMG tag like this:

[img]https://www.yoursiteaddress.com/picture.jpg[/img]

For example:

logo136.gif

:tab The first method [URL='https://...'] will display a link to the picture and when clicked, it will open a new browser window with the image in it. The second method will actually show the picture in your post here.

:tab You can also use the attachment feature when posting. When you are in the post editor, look down under the editor window for the "Attach files" button. Click this and then browse to the file on your computer and click. For more on using attachments, go here.

Last edited:
This was submitted by Trailace, thanks!
Got pics? Here's how to post them:

Option 1: The quick (but not very good) way.

Attaching pics to posts. Okay for noobs.

When you write a post you will see an option to add attachments. You need to scroll down below the area where you type your post, you should see this button:
103434844-M.jpg

When you click that button, the following window comes up:
103434849-M.jpg

Click the browse button to find a photo on your hard disk and upload it.

1. Your photo has to be small enough to post, which means it probably has to be re-sized after you fetch it from your camera.

2. You can only attach 5 images per post.

3. It uses disk space and bandwidth, making it harder to keep the site fast.

4. When people reply to your post, they can't display your image again, which they usually want to do.

Option 2: Open a SmugMug or Other Photo account:

SmugMug and some other photo site specialize in image hosting. They do the image resize thing automatically, allow you to post many images per post, and you can post to other message forums. They don't use disk storage or bandwidth, which helps keep the site fast.

Once you have an account, you can use the IMG button,
103434891-M.jpg
, that you see above the area where you type when you post. The image button let's you specify an Internet address (URL) to identify the image.
103434863-M.jpg

Ok so now you need to know how to get the photo URL.

1. Find the Photo you want to add to you post.
95494996-S.jpg

2. Right click the photo and you will see this.
103434887-S.jpg

3. Click Properties and you will see this.
103434877-M.jpg

4. Highlight the URL.
103434835-M.jpg

5. Right click the Highlight the URL and copy.
103434856-M.jpg

6. Click the image button and Paste the copy URL into the insert Image box.
103434873-M.jpg

This is what it will look like in your post. Make sure you paste over the http:// that is in the box. If you forget just delete it.
95494996-S.jpg

CBAT said:
test, hope it works
ecc5.jpg

This is what I got. Where did I go wrong?

You did it right but you need to have your image on a site that allow external links. I do not use Yohoo so I'm sure if they allow this or if there is a setting you need to modify. But you did do it right.

Ahh. That's the ticket then. Support the forum and post your pics. :clap: I like that better than using an outside site. Thanks for the help, guys.

It looks like my photos connected or, as it is often said these days: "I'm in!"
_______
I hope to occasionally post here in these years of my retirement in late adulthood(60-80) and old age(80++). So, if you see one of my posts, the chap making them looked like this at the age of 60(2004); his wife and he looked like this on his retirement in 1999(age 55) and, a close-up version of his visage looked like this at a photo-shoot in Hobart Tasmania(2004).-Ron Price, Australia(that's all for now, folks)

Attachments

• Ron+Chris.jpg
    Ron+Chris.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 219
  • ron3.jpg
    ron3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 228
I can't see attached files anymore, the file is visible when not logged in and disappear when logged in

Now that is a new one... :ponder: Are you referring to attached files in your own posts or in other people's posts? There aren't any settings that restrict Forum Supporters or Registered Users from viewing attached files, nor are there any regarding specific individual users. So I am guessing it has to be something with a browser setting. Running any kind of popup blocker? Got anything set that prevents images from loading?

other peoples posts, under attached photos there is only a dash, not a file name or a photo; however I just noticed I can click the dash and the photo will open in a new window, maybe the problem is on my computer

update: yea, zonealarm blocks banner skyscraper ads, doesn't block TWT banners but the attached photos don't appear

problem solved, operator error

I just tried to see if my photos were visible after logging in and I can see myself as some others see me---that is about the best one gets in life. You know that old saying: "to see yourself as others see ya...."-Ron:sun:

How do I put an image in the join date section to the left. also I am having a problem listing my bikes. thanks

How do I put an image in the join date section to the left. also I am having a problem listing my bikes. thanks

Up near the top of the page, you will see "USER CP"

From there you can edit you Avatar (side image) and signature (list your bikes).

Hope this helps.

Back