• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How to include images in your posts

how do i make the picture appear larger
SANY0041.JPG

how do i make the picture appear larger
SANY0041.JPG

Use a bigger picture. Fer instance, with my (free) Flickr account, I can upload a picture to it, then choose which size I want to link to for posting in a forum. Sizes I can chose from range from 75x75 up to 768x1024.

This is a small (180x240)

3425174210_4923c50473_m.jpg

This is a medium (375x500)

3425174210_4923c50473.jpg

and so on.

ok i down loaded to the forum gallery amd do what it says obove but were do i find what size to down load.

I think you'll have to upload your pics to another site (Flickr in my example) in order to get a choice of sizes?

Nope, just checked, I'm wrong. to post a larger picture from your gallery, look under your picture, see where it says filesize? click the filesize you want and paste it's ubbc code address into your post. This is your 29.7kb size picture.

SANY0041.JPG

ok know that i got that figured out ,I'll know how to do it on other sites thanks

I think you'll have to upload your pics to another site (Flickr in my example) in order to get a choice of sizes?

Nope, just checked, I'm wrong. to post a larger picture from your gallery, look under your picture, see where it says filesize? click the filesize you want and paste it's ubbc code address into your post. This is your 29.7kb size picture.

SANY0041.JPG

If your original image is smaller than the display size you pic, Flickr will probably display it at the larger size but the quality of the image will suffer noticeably. This is true for any image that you enlarge. It is true when you scale them down as well, but the effects are far less noticeable.

Tell me how to submit images on our site and I would be glad to do so...<Speedy><

Howdy Speedy,

:tab When you are editing the body of your post, look down below at the "Additional Options" area and you should see a "Manage Attachments" button. Click that and a window will pop up showing you what kinds of files can be attached to your posts, the file size limits, and the display size limits (for images). You can attach up to five images per post. This is the option to use if you do not already have the files located online somewhere like an image hosting service.

:tab For users that are also Forum Supporters, they can upload images to the TWT Photo Gallery and then link to those images using the IMG or URL tags. Other users use commercial hosting sites like smugmug, photobucket, etc,...

:tab Once an image is hosted online somewhere, you can include it in your post using the IMG or URL tag. The IMG tag will cause the image to display in the body of your post. The URL tag will simply display a link to the image, opening it in a new browser window. The format for each is as follows:

NOTE: to actually make the tags work, replace the ( ) with [ ] around the commands. The ( ) had to be used here so it would display and not get processed as the actual commands.

(IMG)http://hostingsite.com/userdirectory/imagename.jpg(/img)

All you are doing here is putting the direct link to the image between the (IMG) and (/IMG) tags. The URL tag is similar but with a slight twist.

(URL=http://hostingsite.com/userdirectory/imagename.jpg)Whatever text you would like displayed in place of the actual link address(/URL)

Note that for the URL tag, the link to the image is INSIDE the ( ) of the opening tag, and a descriptive text is actually between the two tags.

test... I tried using the "upload" feature earlier but it still did not work. So, will try this paste.
VW-Bus-Sidecar.jpg

This is the Paste of the URL from TWTEX galary. Why doesn't it show?
showfull.php

OK ... the first was the UBBCode - whatever that is. The second was the url of a pic.

test

test test:clap:

'ya know..... there's an easy way to do the quote thing. It's the little button down in the lower right of the post you want to quote. Click that and it automatically grabs the entire post as a quote, USERID included and imbeds it in your post. Then, edit as necessary to get the specific content you want.

There's also a "+" button next to the quote button. Use that for multiple quotes in your same post. If for example you want to quote three posts above, hit the "+" for posts number 1 and 2, then the QUOTE button for the final one. All three will appear with USERID's and text in your post, and again, edit as you want.

test

test test:clap:

'ya know..... there's an easy way to do the quote thing. It's the little button down in the lower right of the post you want to quote. Click that and it automatically grabs the entire post as a quote, USERID included and imbeds it in your post. Then, edit as necessary to get the specific content you want.

There's also a "+" button next to the quote button.

test again

Posting pics isn't that hard.....

1) Do you have the pictures already loaded on your home computer or laptop?

2) Do you have a free photo hosting account with someone like Flickr or Photobucket?

Posting pics isn't that hard.....

1) Do you have the pictures already loaded on your home computer or laptop?

2) Do you have a free photo hosting account with someone like Flickr or Photobucket?

Yes I have pics on shutterfly on my computer. No I don't have Flickr or Photobucket. Whick do you suggest?

If your pics are on shutterfly, that should work to get them displayed here.... I'm not familiar with shutterfly inside, so you'll have to do a little hunting and pecking on your own.

However......... If you find the image you want on your shutterfly account, somewhere with that picture should be a LINK field, or HTML code button. It might look something like this:
(IMG)www.shutterfly.com/stephanl/motorcycle/trip.jpg(/IMG) but the ( ) will be [ ].

Can you find that on shutterfly?

edit:
OK, what you did above was to "Attach" a picture which works just fine within certain parameters of size. I was going to try and walk you through linking pics to display a bit larger, but not huge...

Test. these are added through browse. not sure how big pics will come out. Is that why Flickr or Photobucket is needed?

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 171
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 182
Test. these are added through browse. not sure how big pics will come out. Is that why Flickr or Photobucket is needed?

Flickr, Photobucket, Shutterfly - they're all the same in that their servers actually host the picture. Then what you do to get it to display here is provide the URL or internet address of the picture hosted elsewhere with the proper code and it displays.

For example, the url of the following picture (again using ( ) instead of [ ]) is this:
(img)http://m38a1.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/20100911-Stunters-Bikini-Bike/BikiniWashStunt-5875/1003663650_GTdSR-M.jpg[/img]

But displays here as:
1003663650_GTdSR-M.jpg

The picture itself is hosted on smugmug's servers, we grab the internet address of the picture and drop it here.

I also just got photos on a new Apple computer(on iphoto app on computer). Does this work the same or should I still get Flickr/Photobucket?

Thank you for patience and your HELP!

Back