• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How to include images in your posts

7821560540_68a38b7e71_b.jpg

So theres no hope for someone who only uses their phone then?

:tab I just did two uploads from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2.0. when editing a post, there is a camera icon and an image icon. The first lets me take a picture and immediate attach it to the post. The second lets me select from pictures I have already taken and attach them to the post. In both cases, when I select the image, I am given a sizing option. Attachments must be 640 X 480 or smaller. I picked the "medium" option and what you see above is the result.

:tab You can also access TWT without using a mobile app. Just open it in the phone's web browser like any other website. It is a bit more cumbersome, but you will see exactly the same features that you would if you were sitting at a desktop computer.

If you use a third party photo host to upload your personal photos to, are your photos secure? Or are they available for anyone who is a member of that photo service to see and use? Call me paranoid...:confused::wary:

If you use a third party photo host to upload your personal photos to, are your photos secure? Or are they available for anyone who is a member of that photo service to see and use? Call me paranoid...:confused::wary:

:tab Pretty much any photo you make public on the internet can be copied and used by someone else. At best, you can include the copyright info in the meta data of the original image, but there is no guarantee that anyone will respect that copyright. Some people put "watermark" images in their images. This might just be the photographer's name or some other mark that is over laid on the image, sometimes across the entire image and sometimes just in a corner like a signature.

Yes a huge lava flow area on McKenzie Pass in Oregon.Rode two wheels (bicycle) up and over pass this summer.Beautiful area west of Sisters Oregon.when I posted this photo as a test , never dreamed I would get a reply! Thanks for the welcome and insight on how to post pics!:rider:

PB "Direct Link" test:
07Angelina002.jpg

From Photobucket, copy the "Direct Link" URL, then paste it here with the (img)(/img) tags where [] would be used instead of ().

Looks like my Image Shack account, which still shows my pictures is no longer a free account,....can't say I blame them. I used it several times with no charge.

I've tried browsing and selecting pics from my hard drive and that fails every time. I saw somewhere where it was recommended that pics being uploaded from a hard drive be 550 (Pixels/ Megapixels?). Do our computers have the ability to resize pics or do we need software?

I've done some reading hear in the thread,....guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer any more. Feeling a bit frustrated, as I am trying to get some pics up of a Vintage flintlock at the request of another forum member. Been messing with it for about an hour,....no success yet.

Brian

Upload them to your profile/photo albums on the site here, then use that to link to them. Works a charm.

Adding to Tourmeister's comments on copyright...

Linking to a third party host like Photobucket can open your entire library (album, whatever) to anyone who finds your photo on a forum. This is important to keep in mind if privacy is a concern or if you're trying to separate hobbies from family activities from work etc. There are some controls provided by the third party hosts to manage this, but the best bet is to assume they can be compromised.

Not to long ago a friend mentioned he had stumbled across some photos of a possible crime when he followed a photo to a third party photo host from a forum. It's amazing what people will post.

m

Back