• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How to quote another post in your reply

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
If you are viewing a thread and want to reply to a single post and wish to include the text from that post, simply hit the REPLY link in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote. The forum software will automatically insert the text from that post into your new message. You can then select the parts of the post you want to use and type your reply.

If the post you are quoting is a long one and there are multiple parts you want to respond to, you can break up the quote into smaller pieces. For example, say you are quoting a post and the following shows up in the reply box where you type your message,

[quote]This is the original text. It is really long. I'll fall asleep before I finish this. Did Tourmiester crank this out!?[/quote]

You can break this up into multiple quotes,

[quote]This is the original text.[/quote] Your first reply [quote]It is really long.[/quote] Your second reply [quote]I'll fall asleep before I finish this.[/quote] Your third reply [quote]Did Tourmiester crank this out!?[/quote] Your last reply

All you are doing is putting the quote and /quote tags at the beginning and end of each section you want to appear as a separate quote. If you were doing it for real, it would look like the following after you posted your message to the thread,

This is the original text.

Your first reply

It is really long.

Your second reply

I'll fall asleep before I finish this.

Your third reply

Did Tourmiester crank this out!?

Your last reply

Also, you can select some text in a post, and then you'll get this little popup:

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 9.12.38 AM.png

Click 'Reply' and it'll add it to the end of your current reply. Click + Quote to add it to the list of things you're quoting...

Also, you can select some text in a post, and then you'll get this little popup:

View attachment 46724

Click 'Reply' and it'll add it to the end of your current reply. Click + Quote to add it to the list of things you're quoting...
Sweet! I totally missed that! Thanks for the tip :thumb:

Back