• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How to upload images into your messages as attachments

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
With the new forum software, uploading images as attachments has never been easier! You don't have to worry about the image being too large. If it is, it will automatically be resized during the upload process. You can upload from your computer or straight from your phone (this is assuming you are not using TapaTalk to view the site, which uses its own process for uploading images). If you are typing in the quick thread box at the top of the thread list in any forum, or in the message editor if you've hit the "More options" button in the lower right corner, just click on the "Attach files" button. You can select multiple files to upload all at one time.

attachments1.jpg

After the upload finishes, you will see all the attachments listed below the message editing area.

attachments2.jpg

At this point, you have several options. If you accidentally tagged a file you did not want for uploading, you can look on the right side and hit the Delete button. If you have all the files you want, you can leave them as they are and hit the Post thread button. This will put all the attachments at the bottom of the thread and they will not be real large. Other users can click on them to see them larger if they wish.

The other option is to insert them into the body of your message. There are two options for inserting, Thumbnail or Full image. You can use the Insert All option at the top of the list of attachments or you can do them individually. When you do either, they will be inserted into the message wherever your cursor was last sitting. You can insert one at a time where you want it or all at once in the same place. I've posted thumbs of both images below so you can see the difference,

attachments1.jpg

attachments2.jpg

Clicking on the thumbs will make them larger.

Depending on which editor mode you are using, you will either see the BBCode tags or the actual images. To switch back and forth between the two settings click on the round gear looking icon at the far right side of the options along the top of the message editing box. This is useful for making sure you have the right image where you want it because you may not know which attachment file number goes with which image.

You can also just drag and drop images from file folders on your computer directly into the body of your message in the editing box and it will automatically upload them.

And that is pretty much all there is to it! Play around with it a bit and you'll quickly get used to it and find it very easy. If you have any questions, please post them here.

Last edited:
The images are actually stored on the server in both sizes, so it is not just a difference in display size only. Thumbnails will load faster, so it might be a carry over from the days when people had slower connections. They could see all the images as thumbnails and if one or more caught their eye, then they could click on it to see it full size.

Post up in the intro forum and you will likely get more feedback :thumb:

Welcome to the site!

Why do my photos get rotated when I upload them from my phone? And how do I stop it from happening?

0DDB6B46-61D5-40E3-94EB-1B1B48AFA1B3.jpeg

Ok, that one was fine. Let me try another.

D51E7200-6F3D-4605-A17F-B3756F2F5287.jpeg

Hmmm 🤔

Last try

A68B67A5-20B7-4439-8272-EFD40E5549B2.jpeg

Ok, this wasn't working before. And on this specific photo. Ugh, the mysteries of the inter webs.

Last edited:
Why do my photos get rotated when I upload them from my phone? And how do I stop it from happening?

Ok, this wasn't working before. And on this specific photo. Ugh, the mysteries of the inter webs.
I had the same thing happen on another forum that I participate on. Random rotations, and within a single post some were correct and some were rotated. No idea how or why, yet it hasn't done it now in the past six months or so.

I had the same thing happen on another forum that I participate on. Random rotations, and within a single post some were correct and some were rotated. No idea how or why, yet it hasn't done it now in the past six months or so.
Perhaps it has something to do with the os on the phone. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This happens using my iPhone SE. I usually put the iPhone pictures on a computer, use Paint to rotate and save them, and they will then upload oriented correctly. It's a pain, but it does work. Not sure how to solve the problem on the phone. There's probably an app that would fix this.

If I see a photo that is rotated wrong, I have an add-on in the forum that lets me rotate it, but not the users. It would be nice if there were a way for users to rotate their own photos. I might have to mention that to the guy that creates so many of the add-ons that I use.

This happens using my iPhone SE. I usually put the iPhone pictures on a computer, use Paint to rotate and save them, and they will then upload oriented correctly. It's a pain, but it does work. Not sure how to solve the problem on the phone. There's probably an app that would fix this.
The photos are always correctly orientated on my phone and computer. It's only a problem when uploading here OCCASIONALLY. Often they do up fine, but occasionally they're randomly rotated. It's perplexing.

Recently I created a new thread to sell a tent and roof rack. Both photos were rotated. But here they weren't. Maybe it has to do with threads I'm creating.

Here is the thread I created.

The photos are always correctly orientated on my phone and computer. It's only a problem when uploading here OCCASIONALLY. Often they do up fine, but occasionally they're randomly rotated. It's perplexing.

Recently I created a new thread to sell a tent and roof rack. Both photos were rotated. But here they weren't. Maybe it has to do with threads I'm creating.

Here is the thread I created.
Log off twt then login and post. That will fix it....I don't know

Oddly, I cannot rotate the pictures in your thread :ponder: When I use the add-on to rotate them, it shows them as being rotated correctly when I am done, but when I go back to view the thread, they are still rotated incorrectly, no matter what I do :shrug: I have never had that issue with any other posts where the images were rotated the wrong way.

Can you rotate this one? Taken with IPhone 11.
3ECC97DE-BB6C-47D1-8359-83113F82DF77.jpeg

Saved to system, rotated 90° right with Paint, saved on system, uploaded using rectangle button next to smiley button.

test1.jpeg

Oddly, I cannot rotate the pictures in your thread :ponder: When I use the add-on to rotate them, it shows them as being rotated correctly when I am done, but when I go back to view the thread, they are still rotated incorrectly, no matter what I do :shrug: I have never had that issue with any other posts where the images were rotated the wrong way.
Well, people always said I was special. Specially difficult I guess.

Perhaps my phone hates me. :lol2:

Can you rotate this one? Taken with IPhone 11.
View attachment 314593
Same issue. There is supposed to be a "bit" or something embedded all images that tells the browser or image editing programs the proper orientation. I wonder if a setting on the phone can affect that?

Well... I didn't know about this. Test Test Test

Clouds test 2

Clouds

Edit: Original link broken on purpose - new link valid for a while longer.

Thanks for bringing the feature to my attention.

Last edited:
Back