• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Abilene

Reaction score
Howdy everyone. I am out in Abilene on a Honda Africa Twin. Here is a pic of me and the bike in Colorado at the summit of Stony Pass. Unfortunately, about 2 hours after this pic, the clutch decided it wasn't having any more adventure! I guess it didn't like packing me and all my camping gear, fuel, water and other crap up all those 13,000' mountains!

I have done a few long mostly road based trips on this bike and was loving every mile up to that point! But pavement is not what I bought this thing for!

Anyway, looking to see what adv/dual sport Texas has to offer!

-Brooks

-
GOPR0719.JPG

Wow, looks fun (not the part about the clutch)

:welcome:
Yes, I was pretty disappointed. Not a good way to start a trip. It was the first day of the trip that I actually got to get into some good mountain roads.

So is the clutch operable? Do you need to get the bike back to a shop? Replace a clutch pack or what? Any problem with a bike on a trip is a pain!

Nice bike and shot. Was it the dct or a regular clutch?

Back