• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Bull's Adventure Bike Park in Quitman, Tx.

right now until he comes up with more info, I'll stick to Hidden Falls. Been awhile since i have been there.
Agreed, but I'm sure more info will come out the closer to opening it is. And while I certainly have one of those 2-stroke "race bikes", I also have a KLR that I wouldn't mind taking somewhere with riding areas that wouldn't break it or me in half or have me watching out for folks that I am constantly in the way of. I could see a space for a place like this for sure.

Possibly, although my non-plated bike is insured! lol I think mainly trying to keep racers out and probably a good idea.

Reactions: my6
OP didn't state this but plated and registered bikes are required to carry insurance. I could see that as an advantage for a property owner trying to mitigate future claims.
Protect who? A biker having insurance is not going to protect the manager from biker claims.
The paper you sign about not suing the property owner, depends on what happened.

Howdy & Thank y'all for the commentary! We look forward to a place where riders can practice and develop their skills further. We believe this will help make us all safer and more enjoyable riding for everyone. These skills we believe will transfer onto our street riding also so when that moment arrives it will help us avoid trouble. The increasing aggressiveness on the highways is amazing. Pics, vids, and a website soon in June!! Happy trails !

Understand what you're saying to a point but guys can ride 500 EXC just as fast as any diirtbike. If wanting big bikes only set a minimum of 650 and be done That'll cut the little bikes out. My riding partner has a plated Husky 350FX, pure race bike but plated.

"main challenge course is on 13 acres,"
The beginning size will deter almost every Ricky Racer from coming!

min of 650 would cut me out if on TW200. Lot riders have run the BDR's on TW200.
If i wind up buying another TW200 and his place is decent, I would want to take the TW200 there.

13 acres as challenge course, I can't see that offering what I would be looking for.

Last edited:
Howdy ! We'd love to have your tw200 come take a spin ! We're planning on a honda trail 125 to use to run around on. I think they're a hoot ! Thank you for your comment! Rusty

Howdy ! We'd love to have your tw200 come take a spin ! We're planning on a honda trail 125 to use to run around on. I think they're a hoot ! Thank you for your comment! Rusty
My TW200 runs with the big boys on the BDRs. as note i sold it and thinking about another especial if your track can be demanding of it and my DR650.

I think what a lot of this feed back may be saying is that will be too tame.

I don't want to tick the guy off, nor the members of TWT, but i am going to post what i think from reading.
So far it's too vague, I guess maybe i am starting in on my thoughts too soon, but actually just going by what's been posted so far.

Last edited:
I hope he can build community with this idea but I still don't understand what he's trying to do, with only 13 acres opened up.
Is there a DS community in same radius of that park, to even build on here? Especially with the limits he will be placing on it.
I can't see him dragging any of the regular DS riders from Barnwell Mountain.

I do hope it turns out.
Would really like to have place to run to this year to get back in shape. Planning on riding a bunch NM, and AZ this year.

Is there a DS community in same radius of that park, to even build on here? Especially with the limits he will be placing on it.
I can't see him dragging any of the regular DS riders from Barnwell Mountain.

I do hope it turns out.
Would really like to have place to run to this year to get back in shape. Planning on riding a bunch NM, and AZ this year.
Good question. I'm from cen tex so don't now about the large Dallas FW area, but I think it's going to be tough to develop unless you really target the right
segment. This endeavor is completely different than the crowd capable of riding AZ and NM. It would be totally for newer rider training which is highly useful but I'd think done on 250cc bikes not big bores. But someone go out and give us a report .

Good question. I'm from cen tex so don't now about the large Dallas FW area, but I think it's going to be tough to develop unless you really target the right
segment. This endeavor is completely different than the crowd capable of riding AZ and NM. It would be totally for newer rider training which is highly useful but I'd think done on 250cc bikes not big bores. But someone go out and give us a report .
It's not open yet, nor has he posted the address. or rather i have not seen it on here.
13 acres is not open yet for anything

I would be cool to see it set up as a location for Adv classes to be taught, with things like water crossings, rocky areas, sandy areas, muddy areas, some hills, etc,... It could be a weekend training destination with camping/cabins. It would be nice to train all day then hang out with everyone in the evenings.
That it would be cool, if it follow the BMW curriculum of teaching adv riding.

Howdy. No we are not open yet. We hope to be open in July on a limited basis. The website should be up in June and will have some pics and vid's of the park. And yes it is more of an adventure practice and skill development course (although self taught) for newer and experienced riders who want to polish their skills closer to home before they head way out to their bdr or adventure tours. We have had some professional trainers express interest in teaching classes here at some point down the road. Please be patient with our development. Thank you.

Just sold my 2022 CRF300L Rally and plan on getting a Norden 901 next month. Think I know where my first trip will be now!

Really excited for this park. Recently there were folks on 4 wheelers riding on the single track at Barnwell and I almost ran into one.

Will be nice to focus on enjoying the ride without worrying about a goober ruining my day.

Howdy! Thank you for your interest in our park ! We are under still construction and hope to have a "soft" opening in July! Limited number of challenges and trails but we hope y'all will come, try us out and give us some feedback as we go. Introductory pricing as well. My wife and I are the only "employees" but we're working as fast as possible! I should have some photos of some of the challenges after this weekend ! Thanks again ! "Bull"

Howdy! Thank you for your interest in our park ! We are under still construction and hope to have a "soft" opening in July! Limited number of challenges and trails but we hope y'all will come, try us out and give us some feedback as we go. Introductory pricing as well. My wife and I are the only "employees" but we're working as fast as possible! I should have some photos of some of the challenges after this weekend ! Thanks again ! "Bull"

What bothers me is your building this, yet have made no mention of what bikes you have in your stables.
Nor where you have ridden before.

Just throwing this out there.

You can do a volunteer day to help clear trails, put up signs, etc. Maybe 10-12 folks on a Saturday. Have a plan, give some guidance, and let everyone help y'all out. It's hard when it's just two people making it happen.

In exchange volunteers get a single day pass once it's open or something like that.

Barnwell does something similar twice a year for "Trail Clean Up Day". Folks cut back brush, remove fallen trees, pick up trash, repair signage, blaze new paths (with permission of course).

It's a win/win.

Cheers 🍻

I went out there today on my Norden 901 and had a good time in spite of the sweltering heat. Was at Barnwell riding the single track loop the day before (which I didn't finish, but thats a different story) and many of you are right, it's a different kind of animal that the iron ore mountain or Hidden Falls.

This place is meant to train and hone your skills so you can be a better rider on trails like that, as well as on the road.

Bull and Gail were waiting for us with a bunch of cold bottled water and gave us a tour. Very kind and down to earth people. They have put a lot of work into making this happen.

I was the first person to ride over several areas they had set up. (Bull is still waiting on a bike he has ordered, but I'll let him tell you what that is)

The soil is pretty sandy in a lot of the training area so you definitely have to commit when you try to roll over the giant tires, burms, and some other obstacles there. Sand sucks, so it's a great place to get better at it.

Several technical technical spots near the entrance that require tight turns and slow riding skills. There are logs setup to guide you as you snake around each one. There are a few of them and with varying degrees of difficulty. Some are on flat ground and some are off camber.

Also had a few tire crossing at different levels. The one with the larger tires kicked my butt.

There are two May Poles for the rope circle thing people do. I did not attempt that though.

There is also some flowing 2 track trails they are still in the process of clearing with a few small creek crossings, and several wide open fields you can rip around on.

I think it will be a cool spot for ADV riders to hang, camp out, and hone their skills. Definitely a good place to ensure you're ready for big trips like BDRs or the TAT.

Bull is working with a few BMW Certified Trainers to add their park to their circuits. They have been working on this for several years, and it shows.

I am going back tomorrow to meet up with a buddy that drove in from Shreveport after I left and will definitely be going out there more this year.

For reference I have been riding dual sports for 10 years and consider myself a capable novice rider. I have ridden both Hidden Falls and Barnwell on a WR250R, WR450Fs, YZ450F and only Barnwell on my CRF300L Rally previously.

The Norden 901 is my first adventure bike and the trip to Barnwell the day before was the first time I've taken it off-road. This was the second time it's been on the dirt but I have gained a lot of confidence on the Norden after today.

Went out to ride today. This place isn't really like any of our other places we have around the DFW area. Lots of ways to improve your skills and I'd bet most could find ways to challenge themselves no matter their skill level. Those skills obstacles look all tame on the website right up until you are about to ride over them, then some are downright scary. Good challenges out there to be had though. Trails wise, yea, it's weak compared to other places, but he's got lots of room and lots of plans. Bull also is very interested in feedback and was writing down notes in his notebook as we talked over the various aspects of the place. This is definitely going to be a gem, but it's just two people building it so it's going to take some time. I highly recommend checking it out and providing good feedback, it'll only get better.

Lots of room to play too, he'll let you go play in the fields, you can even fail to learn how to wheelie in the practice field or fail to learn how to elephant turn, or fail to navigate those whoops.

PXL_20230904_164343631-X2.jpg

Howdy ! Thank you for coming out today and for the great ideas for improving Bull's Adventure Bike Park ! Yes we will definitely get to work on your suggestions! Stay tuned to the website as we are updating challenge pics and videos and completing planned challenges. Come on out and Ride safe ! Bull

Back