• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from El Paso

Carter Fury

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy, long term rider of Enduro, then crotch rockets, then Harley for the last 17 years and added a DS again last summer. Usually ride a HD during the week and the DS on the weekend in and around EP and Southern NM. Hit me up in your into the ADV or off-road riding locally. Have done most of the NM BDR and planning the AZ BDR in April. Giddy up!
790 packed.jpeg

Softail.jpg

Welcome! You have some great riding nearby in southern New Mexico.

Howdy from north Texas. I'm a former Las Cruces desert rat. Good riding all over your area. If you haven't done it yet let me recommend on a dual sport 62/180 over to del city. Then cut up 506 to 24 (pinion nm) you can then head over to cloud croft and back home. It would probably be an overnight ride but it is a blast.

Del City to Pinion sounds like fun. In my college days, I didn't have a bike, but drove a lot of those dirt roads in a beat up French subcompact.

We used to drive up to Las Cruces to eat at La Posta; best sopapillas anywhere. I wonder if it's still there.

Del City to Pinion sounds like fun. In my college days, I didn't have a bike, but drove a lot of those dirt roads in a beat up French subcompact.

We used to drive up to Las Cruces to eat at La Posta; best sopapillas anywhere. I wonder if it's still there.
Last I knew they were still there. My dad was a bus boy their growing up. Chopes in the valley was the best mexican food hands down. Don't miss the area or the politics but riding and eating was excellent.

El Paso native chiming in. Do the Dell City route, except don't go straight to Pinon. Do Section 1 of the NMBDR. Its fantastic. You end up in Cloudcroft and can spend the night. A fun route home is to head back to Pinon but rather than do the NMBDR Section 1 backwards, take Cornucopia Canyon Road ( County Road E038) straight back to Dell City. Its a blast riding on that wide open gravel road and is much quicker. Grab a bite at Rositas also đź‘Ť

Last I knew they were still there. My dad was a bus boy their growing up. Chopes in the valley was the best mexican food hands down. Don't miss the area or the politics but riding and eating was excellent.
So Chopes and La Posta were both still there and serving great food and drinks (Pre-COVID...) havent run NM 28 in awhile for fun so have not made time to stop.

El Paso native chiming in. Do the Dell City route, except don't go straight to Pinon. Do Section 1 of the NMBDR. Its fantastic. You end up in Cloudcroft and can spend the night. A fun route home is to head back to Pinon but rather than do the NMBDR Section 1 backwards, take Cornucopia Canyon Road ( County Road E038) straight back to Dell City. Its a blast riding on that wide open gravel road and is much quicker. Grab a bite at Rositas also đź‘Ť
Yep, I did NM BDR Sections 1&2 shortly after I could keep my bike up, then 1-6 solo in Oct. Pleanty of good ranch/county roads to go exploring on out there between Dell City and Lincoln County.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Back