• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Henderson

Reaction score
Howdy, Y'all.
I am 65, an Aggie, an engineer and back on two wheels after being off for 45 years. My son enticed me to start riding again; he said if I took the motorcycle safety course with him and passed, he would buy me the "bike of my dreams"... Well, I passed with flying colors, and began immediately looking for a bike. I hadn't paid any attention to bikes in decades and had no idea what was out there. But, based on my experiences with a Honda 305 Scrambler in the early seventies, I knew pretty much what I wanted; enough power to cruise, enough cylinders to be smooth, not too tall in the crotch and not too heavy. I settled on a CB500X.

That was three months ago. I now have ridden 400 miles of "twisties" in NW Arkansas, a few hundred miles in East Texas and one 1400 mile high speed trip from Austin to Santa Fe, NM and back (doing over 500 miles the last day!). I guess I'm on a crash course (not literally, I hope!). My son wants me to get 7K miles under my but by summer so I can be in condition to ride up to Prudhoe and back. He's ambitious!

Anyway, I am here and looking for local riding buddies as well as fun rides to see more of Tejas! Especially the hill country and points south and west...

Welcome from stockdale!
What type of Engineering?

There will be folks telling you to post pictures shortly

Mighty fine son you have there. Is he available for adoption? :lol2:

Welcome aboard mate. :chug:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Is your son an engineer as well?

:welcome: & enjoy! Glad you're enjoying retirement, it seems to be fun so far, but as Dad always said 'Golden years, ba-humbug'

Welcome from Kilgore.
There's an East Texas group that meets monthly (first saturday) for breakfast at the restaurant at Tyler airport. A separate but inter-married group, East Texas BMW+, meets first Thursday evenings at Legends Burger in Jacksonville and for third Saturday rides to different around East Texas... BMW+ because there are folks on Yamahas and Triumphs and Hondas, etc.
Keep an eye on the TWT ride threads, east texas.

Welcome!

I've spent a LOT of "quality" time in the Henderson, Tatum, Beckville, Carthage area.
Beautiful country you live in.

Howdy, Y'all.
I am 65, an Aggie, an engineer and back on two wheels after being off for 45 years. My son enticed me to start riding again; he said if I took the motorcycle safety course with him and passed, he would buy me the "bike of my dreams"... Well, I passed with flying colors, and began immediately looking for a bike. I hadn't paid any attention to bikes in decades and had no idea what was out there. But, based on my experiences with a Honda 305 Scrambler in the early seventies, I knew pretty much what I wanted; enough power to cruise, enough cylinders to be smooth, not too tall in the crotch and not too heavy. I settled on a CB500X.

That was three months ago. I now have ridden 400 miles of "twisties" in NW Arkansas, a few hundred miles in East Texas and one 1400 mile high speed trip from Austin to Santa Fe, NM and back (doing over 500 miles the last day!). I guess I'm on a crash course (not literally, I hope!). My son wants me to get 7K miles under my but by summer so I can be in condition to ride up to Prudhoe and back. He's ambitious!

Anyway, I am here and looking for local riding buddies as well as fun rides to see more of Tejas! Especially the hill country and points south and west...

Hello from Crockett

Back