• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Houston!

Reaction score
Glad to have found a local forum! I like to tinker and ride. Being in the senior category crawling under cars is not as easy, so pulling up a stool next to a motorcycle keeps me busy when I feel the need!I ride a 2005 Triumph Thruxton 900 which I’ve had for three years. Previously did not have a motorcycle, but have had a motorcycle endorsement for well over 10 years. I’ve mostly been riding within Houston and working my way up to longer trips if time allows. It’s been a bit busy lately and the weather hasn’t agreed with my schedule as much as I’d like.
7254924C-66A9-474E-825C-DE8799052B45.jpeg

17222149-2BD5-4907-9F13-5BB084CFC8FB.jpeg
55596C72-F46A-4F13-8310-B6D4DD546385.jpeg

My ride “Rubus”!

Welcome, that's a sweet ride! Plan a day trip to Yankees for a burger. Great bike roads. In Carlos on hwy 30. On weekends get on 149 and follow the bikes!!

Welcome! I see you have fantastic taste in motorcycles and are very brave given you've "...mostly been riding within Houston..."

You'll find the routes woodsguy recommends much easier on the nerves!

Welcome! I see you have fantastic taste in motorcycles and are very brave given you've "...mostly been riding within Houston..."

You'll find the routes woodsguy recommends much easier on the nerves!
Thank you! It’s as much fun to work on as it is to ride! I do like the look, a few more tweaks and it’ll be just as I want.

Welcome aboard! What area of Houston are you in? There are several get together groups on this forum, so check out the "Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events":

Better yet, come join us for a pie run:

Head out to Iron Supply for free burgers / drinks every saturday . Jason is the owner . Triumph dealer to boot .

Head out to Iron Supply for free burgers / drinks every saturday . Jason is the owner . Triumph dealer to boot .
I buy my local parts from there, great place! I have not made it out to the burgers, but plan to!

The Iron Supply burger run is going to be in my future plans. I like the idea of a weekend event and daytime. My eyes are not as good as they used to be and I avoid riding in the dark. Even in a car I don’t like night driving anymore. The middle of the week and early evening likely will not be something I can manage. Wish there was more activity in central Houston or even near area like the heights or the astrodome area.

Back