• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from NE Houston

Del

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I ride a 2014 R1200GSA for the last 3 years, before I was into Harley's for many years.

The reason why I traded is mainly because I wanted to get some adventure ridding off paved roads, maybe some dirt roads and trails, nothing extreme since I have no experience off road.
Any members around Lake Houston?

I have been reading the threads about the ride to Mexico and that sounds awesome to me... Question: I did not see any R1200 GSA's in the photos, mainly just smaller bikes, so just wondering who else has a GSA and have you been on the ride to Mexico, please tell me about your experience and thoughts.

Hope to meet some of you guys soon and ride!!!!

Del.

Hello and welcome. Lots of different bikes moving around. Don't know about the Mexico trip, but check out this thread:

Titled west Houston, but we get around. Lately we have been doing mainly dirt/gravel roads to the west of Houston, but we also ride Sam Houston and roads further north. When it cools down I'm sure we'll hit some of the East Texas routes as well. Feel free to join up! If you follow the West Houston DS thread, we usually start talking about riding a few days in advance.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

IF you are new to riding off the pavement, I highly recommend getting some basic training. There are quite a few places that offer training for people riding adventure bikes. You might think it expensive at first blush, but I promise it is a LOT cheaper than tearing up yourself and/or your bike ;-) Also, the classes are just plain fun and you meet other riders that are likely to be of similar levels of skill and experience as yourself.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

IF you are new to riding off the pavement, I highly recommend getting some basic training. There are quite a few places that offer training for people riding adventure bikes. You might think it expensive at first blush, but I promise it is a LOT cheaper than tearing up yourself and/or your bike ;-) Also, the classes are just plain fun and you meet other riders that are likely to be of similar levels of skill and experience as yourself.

Thanks for the advice... I think I will look into it.

Back