• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy Y'all!

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Smith
Wouldn't be proper to hop in and not introduce myself.

I live up in Round Rock, and work for local big computer company housed right there.

I used to ride an old '99 Honda Shadow Spirit (VT1100) about 7 or 8 years ago? (Here's a picture of my old bike with my dads bike out at the Regency Bridge in San Saba... that was a fun day...)

Just recently got an '03 VTX1800R from my uncle after he bought a Harley. (picture will be my profile pic)

For now I am warming back to being in the saddle, so shorter rides while I get familiar with the bike and accustomed to riding again - but I do miss long rides, twisty roads, away from traffic of city life, so those will be in my future for sure.

Some VTX love ... miss mine.
Rescued and resurrected from a barn near Waco. It was a mess ...

I've been purging my shop of old stuff and came across some rear shock bushings and oil filters for mine.
They are yours if you want them.

Welcome and feel free to join in.
Be sure to monitor the Planning section for upcoming gatherings.

That sure is a sharp looking bike, bet it ran smooth too.

I will probably pass on the spare parts, I have the hardest time with free space to store things and when I do have "spare" things I have a bad habit of not being able to find them until after I've had to re-purchase said item :lol:

Howdy. Great bike. One day I’ll get an actual road bike.

Welcome to TWT. If you are not busy this weekend we are having a gathering in McGregor Sunday. Come shake some hands and match faces with avatar names. KP

Welcome to TWT. If you are not busy this weekend we are having a gathering in McGregor Sunday. Come shake some hands and match faces with avatar names. KP

Wish I could, sadly it's gonna be my turn in an on call rotation at work starting Friday, gotta stay in a 30 minute range of home and office for a week

And to everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome from Krum Tx. Nice bike. Have fun and be safe.

Wish I could, sadly it's gonna be my turn in an on call rotation at work starting Friday, gotta stay in a 30 minute range of home and office for a week

And to everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!

We do them every month so keep checking in to the Upcoming ride section. We camp sometimes to weather permitting. Do you do any motorcycle camping? KP

I have not yet, mostly been day trips -- I will point out though, I learned to handle road fatigue pretty well from my father who was an over the road truck driver, so when I was riding regularly those could be really long day trips...
I have a feeling camping on the bike will be an eventuality for me though, as there are some decently long trips I hope to make in the future :rider:

I have not yet, mostly been day trips -- I will point out though, I learned to handle road fatigue pretty well from my father who was an over the road truck driver, so when I was riding regularly those could be really long day trips...
I have a feeling camping on the bike will be an eventuality for me though, as there are some decently long trips I hope to make in the future :rider:

For camping gear we have a cheap camping thread you can thumb thru to get ideas on gear when you get ready.

Back