• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

huntsville area ride april 3rd

Let the truth er lies er whatever be told!:trust: Jack put together a great ride/route. He has also created a new model Harley Davidson that I am sure he will not get credit for..I am now the owner of a FLSTCI-DS. For those that don't speak HD, That is a Heritage Softtail Classic-Dual Sport. Alas, I have no pictures of the FOUR point SIX miles of gravel and very soft sand (Jack got up close and personal with it:eek2: ) but Chris does! Terri's restrurant is great. I had the fish combo platter (8.95) shimp and catfish and the shimp was wonderful. This place is a winner folks. :eat: :eat:

There were four of us today. Jack on the ST1300-DS, Ed on the FJR1300-DS, Christ on the V-65 Magna-DS and me on the afor mentioned HD-DS.:zen: A good time was had by all. I had to depart company in Buffalo and I45 it back south to make sure I arrived at home for familiy obligations and have done so. The others continued west out of Buffalo for a ride on the west side of I45 back to Huntsville. Total mileage for me today..285! Beats any day at work. :rider:

Clocked about 260 or so miles today and the weather was perfect. I (Jackntx, on a st1300)had a great time and want to thank chirs-v65-magna (chris on a clean older black v65, bluedevil(dick, on a fjr 1300), and jhanson ( jeff on a HD heritage softtail) for coming out to join me. The ride took about 2 hours longer than planned but part of that is discussed as to why below.
We started off well until. That is until I decided that one lil dirt road
couldnt be too bad and I knew what road it ran into which would put us back on pavement. (2915 is not paved all the way to 3275 which leads to mapleton on 21) The first few hundred yards of this road were pretty good but soon it got rocky, big rocks and lil ones. This was making the going pretty slow and at best uneasy for me. Just when I thought it couldnt get worse, it did. The rocks stopped and the sand started. I mean sand, like 10 inches or so deep, so deep there was no turning back either. We finally cleared the sand with me having a sudo tip over at 0mph. It didnt really fall, it just stopped going forward and tipped to one side without touching the fairing, strange. I got off and picked her back up straight then decided i better power up to get unstuck and finally made it thru the sandy part. It was rocky all the way with a couple of puckering narrow bridges to cross. After that they beat me and then we went to eat lunch at tami's barn and grill on hw7.
We headed over to OSR and then N on 1119. Then NE on 811 which runs into hwy 7. Then a lil east to tami's barn and grill. If you ever get the chance to ride out 1119 and 811 they are great roads. After lunch we headed N on fm 1511 then going east on 831 back over to hwy 75 then to buffalo for some fuel. Jeff had to leave us at this point to get home and away from the DS crowd he didnt know he had come in contact with. I think he felt safer going I45 back home than following me at this point. lol. We ventured west and down 79 to fm 1512 just E of lake limestone, another great road when you get a chance to ride it. We went North to 39, west on 164 then south on 3371 which crosses lake limestone. We then came to marquez then south on 79 to fm 3. We then went E on 977 back over to 1119. Chris had to cut out when we hit I45 to get home to. Dick and I came over to OSR then back down 247 for our return home.
All in all it was a fun and memorable day for us all I think.
I promise not to Dualsport anymore if I can find anyone who would ride with me again. I hope to do at least one weekday ride a month for those of us who work a lot of weekends, I hope more ppl will come out and ride when another ride is posted.
Now that all of that is said, I am truly sorry for the dirt road to those who came out to ride today and I assure you it wont happen again.

Last edited:
Again, Jack no worries about the gravel/sand/boulders. No damage done. Beats working. Chris does have the photos of the dual sport models we all now ride! :trust:
Folks, come on out during the week. Too much fun. Nice job Jack!:clap: :clap:
We will have to make another trip to Tami's so we can sample the rest of menu and hopefully she will have pie soon. Busy lady. Shimp was to die for IMHO. I give her :eat: :eat: :eat: :mrgreen:

Guys, I just got home from dinner with the family and friends.
Haven't time to post pics or post-ride report tonight. Should have 'em in a couple days. Right now I'll be lucky to get 4 hours' sleep tonight. Later!

Tami's Barn and Grill is located about 10 miles east of Centerville, between 811 and 1511 on Hwy 7. Closer to 1511 than 811 IIRC.

There be some nice roads up that way folks.:rider: :rider:

Last edited:
Hey guys! It was a blast. I have some pics, resized for the forum (the originals are much better quality). A few more on my camera-phone that I haven't downloaded yet.

The food at Tami's was awesome! Worth another trip up that way to ride the roads and eat there again.

My GPS logged 351 miles. >Click for GPS TRACK<

Attachments