• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Huntsville

How is the riding around there? Looking to do a getaway next weekend trying to find good options within a few hours of the DFW.

Huntsville is the gateway to the Sam Houston National Forest. Lots of nice paved two-lanes there. Probably some good dirt too, but that would be somebody else's department.

Right now, anything unpaved around here will be WET. We have been getting a TON of rain the last 3-4 weeks. I got out to ride last Sunday and the county/forest roads weren't too bad. There were a few tricky mud spots and one big downed tree in the SHNF that I had to trail blaze to get around. Paved riding though is not all that great down here. It's just your basic FMs. I don't know that I would make a special trip just to ride around here, unless you were going to ride the actual trails in the forest, which are likely to be closed because of the rain.

Back