• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hutto Pie Run RR

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Well, I just got home and started the ride report thread. 43 folks showed. More to follow.

Did you tell her about you playing patty-cake with the cute blonde? If you do, make sure you tell her Rachel isn't even two yet :rofl:

Leaving the house 40 miles to the South was a wet proposition. I couldn't decide if it was raining, or just really heavy mist. But whatever it was, I was forced into donning the rain gear for the short trip to Hutto.

One of the first to arrive, I was able to see the on-street parking fill quickly as well as the area across the street. Quite an impressive array of all types/styles of bikes. The place filled fast and we 'took-over' about half of their seating. Final count was 43 I believe.

Mic (McSpeedy) and JoJo (akaJoJo) were in attendance. Chuck (Gilk51) and Hannah (KomadoreObvious) presented JoJo her personalized "TWT Get Well" card from lots of forum well-wishers. I'm pleased to report that she looks great as well. :clap:

Comfort food on a cloudy, dreary day always does a soul good. But it's the pie and friendships old and new that makes the trip worth it.

I took a lot of shots, but one stood out above the rest. I see a model in Tourmeister/Blue Bombers future..... More pics to follow....

Model_a_sm.jpg

Last edited:
The Hutto Pie run was a fine excuse for a ride today. Jason (JTM133) and I had a great lunch (can you call fried green tomatoes, onion rings, fried jalapenos and pie "lunch"?) with Joanne from South Austin and Bill from Georgtown. Sorry, y'all, I didn't catch your screen names but it was nice to meet and vist with you both.

Jason and I did jet over to Louie Mueller's in Taylor for a Second Lunch. Friendly folks, like always, and we scored an end off a brisket. :eat: Fantastic.

Hope everyone made it home safely. -Fletch

Just walked in. It was good to see everyone and I enjoyed the conversations today. It's always good to see a familiar face and meet others to put a face with a TWT nickname.

I am looking forward to seeing some pics when they get posted.

Okay, first photo:

14536_1284391511759_1289278330_839608_3919776_n.jpg

Bikey preparing to venture forth in the glorious rain God gave us today.

Hello,
This is Jo Ann - AKA JOJO
I'm sitting here looking at the Get Well Card I was presented today from Chuck, Scott and TWT. Thank you so much for your support, well wishes and prayers. I am overwhelmed by the thought and caring this group has for a person they have only met a couple times. You all are awesome!
It was good to be at the pie run today, and I hope to attend more. Maybe one of these days I'll be riding a 3 wheeler :rider:
:rider::rider:again thanks to everyone and be safe! AKA JOJO

Safely home. 423miles and averaged 55mpg. The scooter is more efficient than the FJR.
Slower too!!!!:trust:

Oddly, Chuck lead us back the very route I came down.......... Cool, as I picked my way to Hutto "on the fly".

Pictures to follow.

Home, also are Soozy and KomodoreObvious who are now on the same street. We last saw Anthony (macktruckturner) exiting off 287 onto Broad Street in Mansfield on the way to his sister's place.

I'm beat - the wet morning really drained me (and others mentioned the same). :yawn:

It was great to see Jo and Mic again! :thumb:

More later but very pleased with the turnout on such a dreary day... :clap:

28.4 miles round trip! I had planned to take a 60 mile route to the cafe, but just couldn't muster the motivation to take a route I've done a hundred times instead of drinking more coffee. :rider:

28.4 miles round trip! I had planned to take a 60 mile route to the cafe, but just couldn't muster the motivation to take a route I've done a hundred times instead of drinking more coffee. :rider:

Your trailer make it OK?

Smaller pics this time for bandwidth.... For those that couldn't attend, I hope these shots give you a glimpse of today's event.

Rusty pulling in
09HuttoPieRun008.jpg

09HuttoPieRun009.jpg

09HuttoPieRun010.jpg

Did anybody look up?
09HuttoPieRun011.jpg

09HuttoPieRun014.jpg

09HuttoPieRun015.jpg

09HuttoPieRun016.jpg

The DFW group albeit a bit soggy
09HuttoPieRun017.jpg

Funny story here..... Rusty (Woodbutcher) had his Transalp in a spot. Scott (Tourmeister) pulls up, points, honks and presto..... The spot opened up. You can see why with the hardware on his foot.
09HuttoPieRun019.jpg

I really like this one too...
09HuttoPieRun021.jpg

DonRoger & Focus Frenzy
09HuttoPieRun023.jpg

Soozy
09HuttoPieRun024.jpg

Chuck and the TWT banner
09HuttoPieRun025.jpg

09HuttoPieRun026.jpg

Table 1
09HuttoPieRun032.jpg

Table 2
09HuttoPieRun033.jpg

Table 3
09HuttoPieRun034.jpg

Table 4
09HuttoPieRun035.jpg

Table 5 (The late arrival Katy crowd)
09HuttoPieRun072.jpg

Can I get a "high five"?
09HuttoPieRun036.jpg

JoJo's TWT jumbo Get Well Card
09HuttoPieRun040.jpg

JoJo and Chuck
09HuttoPieRun047.jpg

Lunch is served
09HuttoPieRun055.jpg

Couldn't agree with this more
09HuttoPieRun058.jpg

And the pic to back it up
09HuttoPieRun067.jpg

09HuttoPieRun069.jpg

It's all about the pie
09HuttoPieRun071.jpg

Who you 'lookin at?
09HuttoPieRun075.jpg

Made it in the house about 7:10. Still wet from the knees down but two Margarettas fixed that. I figured about 450 miles total. prety good for the day we had.

Nice wet ride from Katy, I think it rained over 60% of the time...
But still a good excuse to attend the Pie Run, which is not always easy for me.
Had a nice lunch with the Katy Crowd... and the headed to Austin to spend the night at my son's.

I didn't honk... I just motioned :-P However, thanks for making room!

Fletch, were you there today? I didn't see you. I don't always get a chance to say hello to everyone, especially right now with my mobility issues :doh: However, it was great to get out and visit with the folks I did see. The minivan was nice and toasty :-P

Scott, awesome pic of Sarah, thanks!

Fletch, were you there today? I didn't see you.

Yup. I was in stealth mode. This is me hiding under a hat and behind a menu.... and flirting with the adorable waitress. I might have been a bit distracted. :trust: Sorry you made it all the way to my backyard and we didn't get a chance to visit. Hope you are healing well. -Fletch

09HuttoPieRun035.jpg

Yup. I was in stealth mode.

I saw him coming - you can catch him off-guard by calling him "Fred". ;-)

---

Thanks to all that braved the elements, whether out in it or in the sanctity of a warm, dry vehicle. :roll:

And thanks especially for Mic and JoJo coming out and allowing us to make a long-awaited presentation. Jo is awlright (I'm too old to say "she rox"), ifn ya ask me. :sun:

---

I started out in the wetness with Soozy(also known as Soozy) and most excellent daughter Hannah (KomodoreObvious). They live just down the street now and Hannah agreed to exercise the ZR7S that is somewhat neglected in our garage. :rider:

The streets were wet and nobody else joined us at the old Minyard, so we blasted down I35 W and I35 to Hillsboro where we made a warm-up stop. Hannah did the glove-in-glove thing and Soozy put on another layer under her jacket.

We were to meet a couple of folks in Waco. I know that Russ said he turned around a bit north of there - we may have seen him heading back - I saw a GoldWing headed the other way around that time.

We ended up meeting James (JBay) who is local and also Leon (focus frenzy) from Cleburne and Ed (dualsportrider) from Ft. Worth. It didn't start raining until we met up with these guys. :doh:

We did a bit more I35 in the light rain and looped around Temple onto 95. I kept thinking we would run out of the droplets and didn't put the raingear on... :shrug:

We made a rest stop in Little River Academy. Hannah was still suffering from cold hands. I think this pictures shows that she is surprised that they are still attached:

d70_7360q.JPG

Also in the photo - Leon, Ed, Soozy, and James behind Hannah.

It was still lightly raining here. It just didn't seem to bother you standing still but it tended to get everything damp and then cool with the air flow.

reststop_7361q.JPG

It finally stopped falling somewhere north of Hutto. We were able to warm up and semi-dry out while visiting and eating. Some random photos:

bikes_7366q.JPG

d70_7367q.JPG

bikes_7368q.JPG

d70_7369q.JPG

A good scooter turnout - 3 here plus Soozy's made 4. :thumb:

hutto_7363q.JPG

scooters_7364q.JPG

The Houston bunch was late due to weather and they didn't get to mingle as much. The DFW bunch waited for Anthony (macktruckturner) to finish since he was headed to Arlington for a visit.

Along with our original 6 we added:
. Anthony (macktruckturner)
. Douglas (Sockwell)
. Denton Don (donroger1)

Hannah tried some chem heater packages for her hands and got some loaner gloves from Don. She still used my heated grips at the rest stops for an additional assist! I know what should be on her Christmas list... :trust:

After talking with Don, I made a change to my original route and we took 436 into Belton and then followed misc roads thru McGregor, Valley Mills, Whitney and Cleburne, dropping off various riders along the way.

Thanks to the patience of all the riders who put up with my AARP pace. :yawn:

The GPS showed 361 miles for the Arbor Valley Group.
Even with the rain, a great day to get out and see some good folks! :thumb:

Last edited:
Smaller pics this time for bandwidth.... For those that couldn't attend, I hope these shots give you a glimpse of today's event.

Table 5 (The late arrival Katy crowd)
09HuttoPieRun072.jpg

Darn it, that is NOT my GOOD side! ;-)

And make that the "late and soggy" Katy (and Fort Bend) group. It rained the whole way up.

The food and pie was great (as was the ride, although wet and cold) but I'm sad I didn't get to talk to more people and may not have recognized some good folks I had only met in person at the Fairfield Pie Run.

Is College Station a go for next month, Chuck?

Lee
(Who will definitely put the liners in his jacket and pants next time! Thanks, Bob, for lending me the sweatshirt on the way back)

The [Houston] Katy/Fort Bend bunch was late due to weather and they didn't get to mingle as much. The DFW bunch waited for Anthony (macktruckturner) to finish since he was headed to Arlington for a visit.

Partly because they put us in the other room! :doh:

It wasn't because we weren't being friendly (just shy). :trust:

I mean, if you guys weren't so darned standoffish! :rofl:

Lee
(Hmm...I wonder how hard it would be to make name tags for the "recognition impaired???)

"Once more into the breach, dear friends." (This is my third try to get this thing uploaded)

I finally manually uploaded all my pictures, so here is a short recap of the ride of the Katy/Fort Bend group. (I'd have taken more pictures, but it was raining too hard :doh:).

I got up Saturday morning and it was raining, but I had confidence that the weatherman was right and it would clear up soon.

Rain slacking up in New Territory

14536_1284391511759_1289278330_839608_3919776_n.jpg

I rode (in the rain) to Westgreen and Park Row in Katy where we were to meet at the Chevron (with a Jack in the Box inside - great idea, Jay :clap:) and found Bob (RAD) there on his Harley police bike, chowing down. I grabbed a breakfast burito and we waiting for the rest of the crew.

In due time, Jay (JustJ), Camilo (CDC) and Anthony (MackTruckTurner) arrived. It was still raining (Weathermen lie!):

14536_1284867163650_1289278330_840650_6702203_n.jpg

After waiting about 45 minutes past our original 8:00 a.m. start time in the vain hope that the rain would quit, or at least slack off, we started off. Jay had planned a most excellent route that would keep us off the main highways and give us a few curves to boot.

We got to our first gas stop in Burton and it was STILL raining (Weathermen lie!):

14536_1285399056947_1289278330_842268_2498797_n.jpg

And, with the rain and all, it was COLD. :eek2: (When there is a question in one's mind about whether to put the liner in one's jacket, the answer should be YES)

So, being that we were running late, we decided to abandon the scenic route and take the slab (Hwy 290) so we wouldn't miss everybody. Did I mention it was wet and cold???:doh:

We made good time and the rain stopped a few miles outside of Hutto. We were lucky to find a couple of parking spaces right down the street from the cafe and tried to get ourselves presentable for the crowd we expected in the cafe:

14536_1284840122974_1289278330_840600_1826804_n.jpg

Between hypothermia and hunger, I'm afraid we were not as friendly and outgoing as usual, and I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted. And, we got put in a different room than the rest of the group.

But I got one of pie!

14536_1284825482608_1289278330_840537_7643641_n.jpg

Actually, I thought I got more pictures but my attention span sometimes...

Hey! Look! A kitty!!

6733_1217495759407_1289278330_629487_4227073_n.jpg

I will try to take more pictures next month.

Lee

Back