• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hutto Pie Run RR

My contribution......
The Houston / Katy Krew getting ready to head out.
CDC, JustJ, LeeKellerKing, MackTruckTurner and yours truly. :rider:
Props to the weatherman for the accurate forecast. :moon: :thpt:
Still had an enjoyable time, both on the ride and at the cafe; got to meet some more folks and it was good to see Scott and the rest of the Friday clan.
(Chuck, very cool for what you did for Tony. :zen: )
100_6007.jpg

After slabbing it back to Sugar Land, I retrieved 2 pies from the house to hot-shot over to Pearland for the tail end of Mooses KLR tech-day. (um....you took a Harley to a KLR tech session.....:scratch: :wary: :shrug: )
Pies arrived intact and were most delicious, a razzleberry and a Dutch apple.
:eat:

Not much can be added to the "Katy Report", except to remind myself to take the liner next time and to thank Bob (rad3766) for the rain pants!

I had a great lunch (can you call fried green tomatoes, onion rings, fried jalapenos and pie "lunch"?) with Joanne from South Austin and Bill from Georgtown. Sorry, y'all, I didn't catch your screen names but it was nice to meet and vist with you both.

Desertgirl (Joanne)
honda_silver (Bill)

There are already a lot of excellent photos but I will share a couple.

No photos taken on the ride down. Left in the dark and rain 90% of the trip down. :rider:

Oddly enough, I rode the same route coming and going...........

:tab:tabRoute

When I arrived, I managed to find the "scooter stall". These two are running car tires.
IMG_0916.jpg

The Pie discussion group: Scott(M38A1), Mark (innominate), Mic (McSpeedy), Jo (???) and Kurt (Kurt)
IMG_0921.jpg

If there is a Hippo, it must be Hutto!!
IMG_0933.jpg

Guarding Scott's (Tourmeister) future parking place.....
Scott (M38A1), Rusty (Woodbutcher) and Mark (innominate)
IMG_0923.jpg

Bob (smithr) and Leslie ?
IMG_0924.jpg

The Texan Cafe
IMG_0917.jpg

I guess it really is Debbie's Pies. (the sign is quite faded)
IMG_0922.jpg

The service was great and the food came quickly. Had to remove the burger so you could see the fries.........
IMG_0931.jpg

The Bacon Cheeseburger "exposed"
IMG_0932.jpg

I joined Chuck's Crew for the return ride and suggested taking 1123 but when we got to Holland, Chuck went straight. I signaled the last rider that I was turning and left the group. 1123 was wet on the way down and I really wanted to "test" the scooter in the turns.

Making much better time than the Crew and traveling a shorter route, I was confident that I was ahead of them when I reached Belton. I had refueled in Belton on the way down and took this opportunity to top of the tank. Chuck called me to find out where I was as they had stopped at the edge of town.

I told him I would see him in town.
Here they come.
IMG_0935.jpg

Hannah (KomodoreObvious) and Soozy (Soozy)
IMG_0936.jpg

Camera began to act up and refused to focus properly. (battery low)

Got one last shot of the rider I would fall in behind. James (Jbay)
IMG_0938.jpg

Had a great day and found that as comfortable as the FJR is on a long day, the Scooter is equally pleasant!!!
IMG_0918.jpg

Last edited:
suggested taking 1123 but when we got to Holland, Chuck went straight.

Sorry, I remember mention of 436 but not 1123. Maybe I tuned it out. :shrug:

I noticed the 1123 sign on 436 and the sign to Holland. When we stopped, Jbay said that you had pointed and turned off, so I called. :sun:

Sorry, I remember mention of 436 but not 1123. Maybe I tuned it out. :shrug:

I had mentioned 1123, in Holland, as the road to 436. :zen:

I noticed the 1123 sign on 436 and the sign to Holland. When we stopped, Jbay said that you had pointed and turned off, so I called. :sun:

I really appreciate you calling to check on me. I agonized a great deal about leaving the group. If I hadn't caught James' attention and indicated my intent, I wouldn't have left. Of course, that assumes that nothing happens to James before the group stops and he can relay the information. :eek2:

FYI: On a hazy day like Saturday, Soozy and Hannah's yellow jackets showed up much brighter from a distance than the orange jacket leading the Crew.:trust:

I had mentioned 1123, in Holland, as the road to 436. :zen:

I guess I heard 436 and knew it intersected 95 somewhere up north. I missed the "shortcut" connection. :shrug:

FYI: On a hazy day like Saturday, Soozy and Hannah's yellow jackets showed up much brighter from a distance than the orange jacket leading the Crew.:trust:

That's because I was so far ahead. :roll: :lol2:

Our trip to Hutto was displaced by work. Saturday and Sunday were demo days at HEB for my new product. We hit 17 HEB location on Saturday. While you folks were enjoying the rain and riding and pie.....here's a shot of what we were scouting.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vQ23afzOPdozMB-6nZu3OA?feat=directlink

Sorry for hijacking the thread briefly, but some of us had to work. :doh:

Wow, that is beautimous :clap:

Wanna come help us install hardwood floors around Christma? ;-)

Sad I wasn't able to make it out!!! I literally live 3 blocks from the Texan Cafe, but was in North Austin for work...Boo work! lol
Looks like a good time was had by all & I hope to make it if there is another run out my way anytime soon!

Back