• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I finally did it :)

Mark_M

Reaction score
I finally did it … pulled the plug and got me a 2016 BMW R1200GS Adventure from Dream Machines of Texas today. Am hoping I can have some adventures with this bike :rider::flip:
this bike has the keyless ride feature and I couldn't get the damm bike on lock today lol... There's lot to learn I can see looks like it should be fun.

Attachments

• 20190417_145248.jpg
    20190417_145248.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 20190417_145332.jpg
    20190417_145332.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 20190417_145259.jpg
    20190417_145259.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 232
Congrats! They are great bikes. After market tires are a must if you really want to get in the dirt.

Congratulations. There are a few of us here in the DFW area that can help you get it dirty. We'll have to get together and ride.

Love that color scheme! :thumb:

If you have never ridden in dirt, I HIGHLY recommend doing one of the adventure riding classes like RawHyde, D.A.R.T., etc,... At first glance, you might think they are expensive, but I promise they are well worth the money!! It is also best to do it early in your dirt riding experience before you start learning bad habits. There is a lot about riding off the pavement that is counter intuitive. This is true for smaller bikes and especially true for the big adventure bikes!

Also, good tires make a BIG difference on these bikes when you get off the pavement. If you really plan to get it dirty, I would recommend a good aggressive front tire as a minimum. MY personal preference is the TKC 80 front with either the TKC 80 or Shinko 805 rear. There are other good tires though. The big thing is that you give up long miles on the tires for better performance off the pavement. If you wind up doing mostly pavement with a little dirt, then tires like Anakees, Tourances, K60s, etc... are a better bargain.

But seriously... That really is a sweet looking bike and you will love it!

Love that color scheme! :thumb:

If you have never ridden in dirt, I HIGHLY recommend doing one of the adventure riding classes like RawHyde, D.A.R.T., etc,... At first glance, you might think they are expensive, but I promise they are well worth the money!! It is also best to do it early in your dirt riding experience before you start learning bad habits. There is a lot about riding off the pavement that is counter intuitive. This is true for smaller bikes and especially true for the big adventure bikes!

Also, good tires make a BIG difference on these bikes when you get off the pavement. If you really plan to get it dirty, I would recommend a good aggressive front tire as a minimum. MY personal preference is the TKC 80 front with either the TKC 80 or Shinko 805 rear. There are other good tires though. The big thing is that you give up long miles on the tires for better performance off the pavement. If you wind up doing mostly pavement with a little dirt, then tires like Anakees, Tourances, K60s, etc... are a better bargain.

But seriously... That really is a sweet looking bike and you will love it!

Thanks Scott will keep all that great advice in mind as I figure out how to proceed with enjoying the bike 👍👍

Back