• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I guess I'll go first

Howdy,

You are welcome! The problem is, there were a lot of bikes and I ran out of cards! Got to order some more. Welcome to the site. Be sure to check the Upcoming Events/Trips section regularly. We are doing a bike night this Thursday evening at Kings Cafe in Montgomery from 7-9pm. It is on FM 149 a block North of Hwy 105.

Adios,

Another Paul here commonly referred to in the bike circles as Sweeper. Live in Weatherford, TX. Currently ride a 03 GL1800 and recently traded my Mean Streak in for the new Z1000. So I now have a big and a small sport bike. :-D Look forward to hooking up with all of you on the road.

Paul

Howdy,

:tab Well, let's see. We had three Pauls on the last ride, one more ought to make things really confusing :wink: Welcome to the site. I hear what ya mean about the GL being a sportbike. We had a guy come on one of our East Texas runs. It was all sportbikes and him bringing up the rear; ie, the sweeper :P He had no trouble keeping up. He'd pull in the parking lot with his stereo blasting as we were dismounting hehe.

:tab I'm sure we'll hook up eventually.

Adios,

Got mixed up with about 6 sportbikes on Hwy 28 in NC this past May. After I let the first pass, I decided to see how well the old wing would do. Let's just say that the first bike and I came into the next stop at about the same time with the other bikes coming in after we had dismounted and started talking. The wing impressed the entire bunch. They couldn't believe the scrapes on the lower frame cowling. It was this ride that convinced me to trade for the Z1000.

See ya on the road.

New Rider

Hey all. Found the site via one of Scott's cards he pointed out to me at King's Cafe. Bought my first bike in April 2003, and am about ready for my 4th rear tire already here in Sept. I didn't ride the bike much in the first 2 months I had it. Put maybe 50 miles on it during that time. But am now over 9500 as I ride it everyday, rain or shine. Its a 2003 Buell Blast, which has currently spent nearly a month in the shop for warranty work on the rear wheel bearing, having replaced it 3 times now. As much trouble as it has given me I hate being without it. I'm not happy if I'm not on two wheels. I love the corners, as is evident by the lack of rubber on my pegs. I would like to get an intermediate bike if I could come across one for a good price. The pushrod 500 isn't cutting it anymore. ;)

:bigokay: Let me be the first to welcome to the group.

Bought my first bike in April 2003, and am about ready for my 4th rear tire already here in Sept.

Wow, 4 rear tires in 5 months, at 9500 miles (which is a pretty good number for 5 month mind you), that is some serious wear. And 3 rear bearings, man hope they got it right this time.

If your looking for a good step up bike, you might look at a SV650. One of the best bikes out there, IMHO

So Andy, any luck getting your wife on the SVS yet? Wouldn't want to sell it would you? :-P

Four rear tires in 9500 miles is a lot even for a sport tire!? You been drag racing on that thing? Doing burnouts? C'mon, fess up! If your not drag racing from stop lights, or carrying passengers and luggage, you should be getting much more mileage from todays tires! What brand/model tire have you been using?

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
So Andy, any luck getting your wife on the SVS yet? Wouldn't want to sell it would you? :-P

She has been out a few times but not much recently as I had the steering apart for a couple of weekends to put on a pair of Hawk clip-ons (poor mans Heli-Bars) and putting new foot pegs on. All in all, a much more comfortable ride, especially for Ellen and here 5'4" frame (she was complaining that the reach to the bars was making her wrists hurt to much).

Anyway, I think we will be keeping it, at least for a little while longer. Besides, I still like taking it out for a few twisty miles every week. Can really get the adreniline going. :twisted:

The Buell Blast is infamous for eating tires, but the deal is I replace them as soon as they're illegal because I ride in the rain. So I need a new one about ever 3k. The first two were Dunlop. The one on it now is a Pirelli and I like it a LOT better. I've never done a burnout, and I've carried a passsenger once. The Dunlops are 16" 120/80 K330s and the Pirrelli is a M75. A larger tire will not fit without modification of the rear shock bracket as it is about a quarter inch away from the tire.

Intros

Dan Greenlee here, I stumbled in via Scott's post on the Tx Rider LIST. I live in the Heights in Houston and ride/ wrench on older Beemers.
http://tinyurl.com/ns7m
We have a Thursday eve social at Hickory Hollow in the Heights and a regular 8 AM Sunday ride starting at the Denny's on 1960 @ 290, all riders welcome.

Welcome Dan! I live in Midtown about 5 minutes from Hickory Hollow. Might try to join you sometime if you dont mind a little ole Japanese bike in the mix!

was intros

We're not picky 'bout what you ride. Last night the only scooters in the H2 lot were Italian and Japanese. There's a Thur gathering at Mings ( Montrose/ Westheimer) as well.
The Sunday ride is open to all comers. It's early, 8AM, tends to keeep the numbers down.
Ride quickly/ often,
DanG

Spider,

:tab Did you ever buy the SV650?

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
Spider,

:tab Did you ever buy the SV650?

Adios,

Hey Scott,

Guess this is your catch up on all the emails day huh. Must be a real slow work day. :twisted: Hope you are getting out and enjoying this fantastic weather.

:tab Yeah, it is a slooowww day... Losing my mind. We're heading out to Medina to stay in some cabins this weekend and will be riding around the Hill Country. You are welcome to come ride with us.

:tab Most of the folks I've been replying to are people that signed up with us a long time ago, posted a few times, and then have not been back since. We've been growing pretty good so I am hoping a few people will come back and check out the site now that we have more members. Hopefully, it will increase the odds of a good turn out for a Statewide event ;-)

Adios,

Greetings. I found out about you guys from Little John on the Cycle World forums. Looks like a great site. Look forward to riding with some of you. I may already and just don't know it. I've been riding 31 years, I live in Houston and I'm a regular at Ming's on Euro-Thursdays and Three Dragons on Tuesdays. I also go on the weekend rides with those people, so like I said, I may already know some of you. Later.

Howdy,

:tab Welcome to the site. I don't know if I have met Little John. The name is not familiar. I have never been to the Cycle World forums, but it is nice to know that people there know about us ;-) Be sure to keep an eye on the Upcoming Events/Rides section as there seems to always be something going on.

Adios,

StoneTriple,

As a self-appointed officer of the Greedy Propriety Police, I see by your nickname and avatar that you have two many nice bikes.

Please PM me to arrange a time when I can pick one of 'em up, and restore balance to (my) universe.

Oh, and welcome.

:)

Buck, From the looks of your avatar, it's going to take more than a new bike to restore order to your universe. :wink: :P

Tourmeister, He says he rode to Arkansas with you. At least I think it was you he was refering to.

StoneTriple said:
Tourmeister, He says he rode to Arkansas with you. At least I think it was you he was refering to.

My handle at CW is "Little John". It's just a little multiple-personality disorder that I have. :wink:

Anyway, it's good to have you here, Stone! :chug:

StoneTriple said:
Buck, From the looks of your avatar, it's going to take more than a new bike to restore order to your universe. :wink: :P

Hey, he doesn't really ride like that, that often. :twisted:

Sorry Paul, couldn;t resist.

Anyway welcome Stone, and I second Paul with a "Nice Rides" 8)

whuzzup!!!

Hey evry1,

I'm Roger. I'm 42, been riding for a little over 30 years (dirt and street), I live in Houston but am from Oklahoma City (don't hold it against me) and I ride a '98 R1. It's my 3rd streetbike and I'm crazy about it. It's not the fastest, especially with me on it, but it still keeps a feindish grin on my face and a quickens my heartbeat when I flick my wrist. I'm due for the first valve adjustment soon (26,000 mi) so you can see I like to ride. I still don't have a set of leathers yet but I pray real hard (important) and my wife makes me increase my AD&D insurance every year. I ride with some friends at work or sometimes by myself and I think some of them are on this board. I love getting together with people on bikes and just cruising around so hopefully I get to meet some of y'all...

Back