• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I guess I'll go first

Hey Roger!

How did you find this board? So far myself, Ted and Ron are all signed up.

Are you heading up to Kings on Thursday night? You and I need to hook up for a ride some time so that we can wind the bikes out without worrying abouth those crusier types! :twisted:

Just kidding (in case Ron and Ted are lurking) :shock:

BTW - like the signature

Raj the
R-1-PPER!!!

Darrell!!!

fancy seeing you here. Ted told me about the board earlier this week so I made sure to sign up. With all the bikes Ted has, we have to convince him to get something with a few more PONIES!!! We can't drive 55 ALL the time (lol)...I'd like to go there (Kings) but I'm just wondering about the temps (bbrrrrrrr). Don't want to get sick for Christmas. I sure would like to make a quick trip up there but...well we will see...I'm leaning (no pun) towards it.

Laters

Howdy,

:tab It should only get down to around 55 or so by 10:00pm ;-) That's not too bad! But if you can't take it, just drive the cage and come visit. We won't think any less of you :-P

Adios,

Scott,

just got home from King's (BBRRRRRRRR!!!!!). Great food!!! So very nice to meet all of y'all tonite. What a great group of people. It was very much worth the long cold ride. I felt so warm inside for the ride home. Y'all really made me feel welcome. I look forward to seeing you all soon. I really just didn't know what to say to Kim (I heard what happened to her husband) but so very nice to meet her as well.

Thanks for having me!!!! You guys ('n gals) are SUPER!!!

:tab It hit about 45 F on the way home. Even with my thick winter gloves, by the time I got home and got inside, my fingers were stinging. I sat around in the riding suit for a while until I warmed up a bit. It was nice seeing everyone. I think there were about 15 people. Kim's tough and she'll make it. It's just gonna be a long haul. It was nice to see her get out and come by though. Andy is always fun to, he's such a fun goofy kid. Next time don't forget your clear shield!

Adios,

rgautt said:
Thanks for having me!!!! You guys ('n gals) are SUPER!!!

It was good to have you too! Next time I'll have to come over to your end of the table and chat a little. Beautiful R1 ya got there, by the way. 8)

Thanx Scratch---

I try to keep it from getting nicked up too much. Especially when my wife starts steaming when I mention getting a newer model!!! Nice meeting you!!!

Glad to see ya on Board Roger

Would have made it to Kings but can't shake what I saw. I have never seen anyone killed before. Hopefully I'll be fine for next week. Going to the funeral helped a lot.

I guess I need to ride a little harder with these young guys. I do have a R1150RS down on power compared to the R1 and the RS but I'm not complaining. I see a different bike in my future. Maybe a Speed Triple to be different.
Glad to see you on board again Roger. BTW, did you play golf Friday?

Howdy,

:tab Sorry to hear about the accident. Did you know the person? Not that seeing a total stranger killed won't mess with you :-? Keith Curtis was dealing with this recently when Mark Eggers was killed. He came upon the scene shortly after it happened.

Maybe a Speed Triple to be different.

http://www.twtex.com/viewtopic.php?t=733

I've seen and ridden this bike. Fun stuff! I know that Achim takes very good care of his bikes.

:tab Besides, don't worry so much about the horsepower thing. I used to chase the sportbikes through the forest on FM 149 riding my wife's Triumph Legend 900. It only made about 65 HP or so I think. I had no trouble hanging with those guys in the twisties. Of course, on the straights when they hit supralegal speeds, I was left sitting in their dust. I can deal with that ;-)

Adios,

Accident

The lady was just trying to cross the street to go to work. The bus driver was just doing his job. I seen the lady under the bus and told the bus driver to stop. He was making a right turn and had traveled roughly 25 feet before stopping. He was totaly shocked to see me standing in front of his windshield to tell him to stop. I'm sure I will be questioned by the authorities and such for what I seen. All I could do was call 911.

I didn't know the lady but she left behind a 18 year old daughter and other family. My heart felt prayers go out to her family.

:(

Re: Accident

Anonymous said:
The lady was just trying to cross the street to go to work. The bus driver was just doing his job. I seen the lady under the bus and told the bus driver to stop. He was making a right turn and had traveled roughly 25 feet before stopping. He was totaly shocked to see me standing in front of his windshield to tell him to stop. I'm sure I will be questioned by the authorities and such for what I seen. All I could do was call 911.

I didn't know the lady but she left behind a 18 year old daughter and other family. My heart felt prayers go out to her family.

:(

Opps! I forgot to sign in.

Hey Ted

hope you begin to feel like your old self soon. I can't imagine...

Anyway thanx for the invite out to the golf tourney Friday. You vessel guys are 1st class all the way...My partner and I had a blast!!! Sign me up for the next one!!!

AND...thanx for telling me about the TWT web site!!!

Btw, my wife and I are planning to go up to Kings this week...but in the car!!! I told her what a neat group of people there are up there. PLUS some pretty good food as well...maybe it'll convince her to go on some quick (no pun) rides with me. At least she won't object to me getting out on the bike a little more often if she meets some of the other riders...

NOW all I need is one of those COOL avatars...

Vintage Biker from Spring

Hi to all,

This looks to be a fun bunch of riders. I have been lurking for a few weeks now and have't posted since my bikes are all in various stages of rebuild and don't have anything to ride on to go to any kind of meet. I live in the Spring area.

I have a '68 BSA Thunderbolt that will be ready to ride as soon as I get a rear tire sorted out for it.
I also have a '75 Suzuki RE5 (rotary engine) that is all preped and ready for paint as soon as a nice warm weekend shows up.

If all goes well, I hope to have both up and running for spring time .....Maybe go on a few rides and meets at King's.

Is anyone in this group into Vintage bike rides or rallies? :chug:

Vintage Motorcycles

I'm into vintage motorcycles. I have many in different stages of repair. As for your Suzuki, I have a '74 GT 750. Otherwise known as a "Water Buffalo". I quit working on it when I found out the mufflers were shot. Due to aftermaths of some bad divorces, I have had not the money or desire to work on them. I was also working on a '77 Suzuki GS 750 which was four stroke 4 cylinder. I have others but these are the ones I worked on last.

I'd like to do some vintage rides in the future. I'm sure there are others on this website that have one in the corner of their garage.

Howdy,

:tab Paul Yammarick has a 72(?) Bonneville I believe. He has made a few of our bike nights at King's and done one of the Hodges Rides out into East Texas. It is a hoot to see him riding that thing. It kick starts on the first try! Paul is a member here but he doesn't stop in very often.

Adios,

Re: Vintage Biker from Spring

Buzz said:
I also have a '75 Suzuki RE5 (rotary engine) that is all preped and ready for paint as soon as a nice warm weekend shows up.

I've heard of these, but have never seen one. I'd love to see/hear it out on the road some time. Welcome to the group. Perhaps I'll see you at King's some time in the spring or summer. 8)

Hi... I am new to the forum and to Houston and to Texas as well... I use to ride a 2003 Ninja 250 but sold in right before christmas and got a 1999 ZX6R. I ride with my boyfriend who has a 2003 V-Rod and has no problem keeping up with me (except on the highway when i get happy). :eek: I love to ride and ride every chance I get to. I would like to meet more people round here and make some friends. I have no family or friends here in Houston and especially who love the same things I do.... MOTORCYCLES.... well, I hope to meet some of you and to get to ride with ya'll.....

BabyT

Pics of me and my new bike-----
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/playert69/mybike.html

pics of me and my old bike-----
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/playert69/myfirstbike.html

:tab There has got to be a story behind the paint job on the ZX6 :eek: , fess up! :-P

Adios,

actually I bought it like that... it even has strobe lights under the rear for burnouts... I personally have never done a burnout... I do like the rest of the mods though that came on the bike

Re: Vintage Biker from Spring

Buzz said:
...Is anyone in this group into Vintage bike rides or rallies? :chug:

While I don't own a vintage bike (yet) I'm very much into the older stuff. I can even remember when the Interceptor was a simple, sturdy British vertical twin, not this newfangled thing with variable valve timing. :wink: I rode out to the BMOA rally in New Ulm last May and hope to do so again this year. The Harvest Classic is another one that's high up on my to-do list.

Good to have you here, Buzz, and I hope to see you come out to King's some time soon on that very cool RE5! 8)

Yep....my BSA is a 'first kick' starter too....thanks to a new Accel high voltage coil....haha.
And variable valve timing is definetely something my RE5 doesn't have to worry about since it doesn't have any valves at all. :-D
Carburetion has always been the problem with these bikes. They had a 2 barrel Mikuni that had to be mechanically timed in with its cables to a butterfly on the rotor unit...a real nightmare to set up correctly. I think I have sidestepped all this by transplanting an SU (CV type) carb onto the bike. Still experimenting tho.... :P

Buzz

Re: Vintage Motorcycles

Anonymous said:
I'm into vintage motorcycles. I have many in different stages of repair. As for your Suzuki, I have a '74 GT 750. Otherwise known as a "Water Buffalo". I quit working on it when I found out the mufflers were shot. Due to aftermaths of some bad divorces, I have had not the money or desire to work on them. I was also working on a '77 Suzuki GS 750 which was four stroke 4 cylinder. I have others but these are the ones I worked on last.

I'd like to do some vintage rides in the future. I'm sure there are others on this website that have one in the corner of their garage.

Opps forgot to sign in. Didn't they also make a Wankel with the Rotary engine? I'd love to see your Rotary. Maybe findout where you are getting your parts.

Buzz,

Where in Spring are you located?

I'm at I-45 and Cypresswood (Enchanted Oaks)

Paul

Soon-to-be Vintage '96 VFR

Greeves,
A rotary engine IS a Wankel engine....the two names are used interchangeably all the time.

I'm getting all most all of my parts from my two parts bikes, but anything else I can get from Roteryrecycle.net ...they have everything for them at good prices.

MR CleanVFR,
I live in Gleanloch Farms.......off of Spring Cypress, close to 249.

Buzz said:
Greeves,
A rotary engine IS a Wankel engine....the two names are used interchangeably all the time.

I learned something new thanks. I have a picture of a rotary motorcycle with the name Wankel on the tank. Was the frame based on anything or was it all new?
I got to ride my Water Buffalo prior to starting a "Riding Restoration". A very different ride compared to the modern bikes. With two of the four baffles missing it sounded like a snowmobile.

Back